IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

17 hours ago, Zed Head said:

That's why actually watching those morning briefings is important.  You can see the man for what he is.  Even biased media reports don't show what you can see by watching, live.  It can't be put in to words.  He is in way over his head but won't let the pros do their job.  We've all known people like that.

Many people are getting exposed by this crisis.  Some things cannot be B.S.'ed away.

This is my biggest beef . I’ll admit I don’t like the guy . I’ll admit I didn’t vote for him. I’ll admit that I’m hoping something good will come out of his mouth . Most everything is misleading , egotistical, and contradictory to the experts . This is bad in a time like this . He is not up to the task . Just let the team handle it . Let Dr Fouchi make the decisions .

He has lost his credibility at this point - so this will be an obstacle in this fight

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I'm sitting here. prepared, for me, but not for the rest of society.  Not looking forward to reading about or hearing about people dying, maybe even losing friends or family.

On that note, I have accepted to not take that pain into myself for survivals sake.

Obviously I won't know what will really transpire until it happens but I have already been through death processing  a couple times in this life.

I was not made to psychically process mass amounts of death period.

I can't do it without going completely round the bend.

I live in a culture that seems to be telling me my heart has to bleed for everyone no matter how far removed from my frame of reference.

Well my bleeding heart is all bled out and I refuse to do it.

Death and destruction are as much a part of life as life and creation.

I have no control so I have no choice but to accept.

6 hours ago, Mike said:

This is certainly more dangerous than the flu.  Did you see the news today from Italy?  Over 600 dead from this thing TODAY.  I'm not so worried about staying at home for a month while this thing blows over....

You're like at the ground zero for this thing in America.

That's a good attitude.

9 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

Good luck, maybe the State will save you.

I don't need saving, if I catch it I catch it and regardless of all your prepping,  you are going to catch it too.  We are all on the same cruise ship together.

11 hours ago, dhp123166 said:

I wonder how many people are feeling the hard slap of reality snapping them in the face right about now?

I wonder how many people are confronting their mortalities and it is filling them with fear because they have never dealt with it before?

I wonder how many people are looking at themselves in the mirror and saying to themselves, " Uh oh, I have really let myself go and now I am ripe pickings for a pandemic that I was never prepared for."

"Maybe I should have lost that 50 lbs. Maybe I should have quit smoking. Maybe I should have lightened up on the booze and the dope".

You are not wondering about these people, you're gloating about their pain and fear because you're prepped and they are not.

5 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

Well my bleeding heart is all bled out and I refuse to do it.

Death and destruction are as much a part of life as life and creation.

I have no control so I have no choice but to accept.

Fine, accept it.  Just stop enjoying it so much.

• Like 1

No man is an island and no man can survive on an island alone. We only get through this with a community effort and approach. Some people will die and some people suffer more than others but in the end will be judged about how we dealt with it during this time. This will pass and we will return to of a normal life after a big reality check. A WROL (without rule of law) scenario should scare the hell out of anyone no matter how prepared anyone may think they are.
These drugs like hydroxychloroquine a seem very promising I really think there’s going to be some positive information regarding that very soon.
Some very good lesson learned in this event is that we have to start decoupling ourselves from the Chinese especially when it comes to our medical supplies in pharmaceuticals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I only see two paths:

1. A vaccine is made in the next few months and puts everything back to somewhat normal.

2. A few months stoppage of our economic systems will change the world.  Most of us will be unemployed with debt AND we will still have this Chinese virus problem.

The Govt's have to prepare for #2 and start  taking radical actions. The economy will need a reset and jobless people will need income.

A first easy step  would be to immediately force power companies to reduce charges that match the drop in oil. All the bs fuel surcharges have to be revoked and all corporate greed needs to be reigned in. Energy is a basic requirement for life and an economy and it should not be speculated on or abused by corporate greed.

Instead of waiting for the economic avalanche to take place, perhaps a controlled avalanche is needed such as radically forgiving of ALL DEBT. This will cause a lot of pain for some but not for most... yes you will have 0 credit card debt and you will own your home.  There are many creative and new tools that can be used in the terrible time IF our govt's act with logic and intelligence.... hopefully this will happen.

Bottom line: some of us will die, there will soon be mass unemployment and the world as we knew it will take some time to return. Prepare.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm not so worried about staying at home for a month while this thing blows over....

Unfortunately, when this thing blows over, the virus will still be around.  In my local community, 16 cases and four deaths - that's more than all of Los Angeles County in just the small area where I live.  The dead were all over 70 years old with pre-existing health conditions.  I started sheltering in place a week ago.

Let's hope there's a vaccine before the NEXT Coronavirus season.

Dennis

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Bottom line: some of us will die, there will soon be mass unemployment and the world as we knew it will take some time to return. Prepare.

Sounds like the opening line in a Stephen King book.

Dennis

• Like 2

What gets me is the lack of action in the beginning when it really could have helped. We really dropped the ball.

I've been registered red since I was old enough, but I've lost a lot of faith in the current administration since this crisis started. It's really highlighted some failings there, starting at the very top.  From the top down, we downplayed the seriousness and didn't start to take serious action until the stock market started to tank.

Our finger was on the pulse of the market instead on the pulse of the people who were getting sick.

Back in mid-January, the World Health Org was setting off warning flares while we were saying that we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine. And it just went downhill from there. Dropped the ball. "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,”

We should have been working on making extra protective gear, working on getting test produced, getting hospitals trained, geared up and expanded, etc....

We seem to be taking it serious now, but we missed the opportunity to take it seriously then.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 4

What gets me is the lack of action in the beginning when it really could have helped. We really dropped the ball.
I've been registered red since I was old enough, but I've lost a lot of faith in the current administration since this crisis started. It's really highlighted some failings there, starting at the very top.  From the top down, we downplayed the seriousness and didn't start to take serious action until the stock market started to tank.
Our finger was on the pulse of the market instead on the pulse of the people who were getting sick.
Back in mid-January, the World Health Org was setting off warning flares while we were saying that we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine. And it just went downhill from there. Dropped the ball. "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away,”
We should have been working on making extra protective gear, working on getting test produced, getting hospitals trained, geared up and expanded, etc....
We seem to be taking it serious now, but we missed the opportunity to take it seriously then.

Unfortunately while everything you say is true this is kind of how humanity ialways deals with a crisis. People don’t go into action until they feel like their lives are threatened. People don’t stop smoking cigarettes until the doctor tells them they’re going to die of lung cancer.
I surely don’t think team blue if they were in charge would’ve done any better. I didn’t hear any of them screaming bloody murder in January and February about this virus. All they cared about was a laser focused effort on ensuring this president was removed from office. I’m surely not saying I think this administration has handled this appropriately but I think it’s easy to point fingers until you’re on the field with the ball in your hand. Do we really think Joe Biden would’ve knock this out of the park, last month he was crucifying the president for canceling flights out of China imagine if we let that thing keep rolling like he wanted. Obama didn’t do anything until 1000 people in United States had died from the swine flu. So my point is this is not about red or blue or this administration it’s about how people generally deal with crisis and we have to depoliticize things like this and focus on solutions. Nobody had a crystal ball nobody could 100% accurately determine how this was going to pan out especially since we were getting some false data coming out of China the whole thing is a total $^!# show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3