IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

36 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

17 COVID 19 cases in the county I live in.

2017 county population was 850,233.

0.0019 % of Ventura , CA. have tested positive for coronavirus.

No one in VENTURA COUNTY MEMORIAL HOSPITAL  ( one of the two major hospitals in the City of Ventura has tested positive for COVID- 19.

I like the tsunami analogy.  Some people hunt for seashells when the tide goes way out, some run like hell.
Here's the latest.  You can see that China's efforts have paid off.
image.thumb.png.2949792036b275615aefb049b3e47be5.png

Does anyone actually believe China’s being truthful....I don’t. My neighbor’s boss is Chinese and the US regional rep for a large Chinese pharma company. He told her it’s a cover up. He has connections at home and the number of deaths are staggering. Don’t know what to believe anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've pondered this before and thought   "our intelligence agencies should know this.  We have the most powerful surveillance tools and personnel in the world."

Hard to tell what's really going on anywhere in the world since the intel agencies have been castrated.

China hides a lot but we're so interconnected that I don't really think that they could hide something this big.  I tend to believe it.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Nobody is really talking about where our food comes from yet.  Fresh produce, chicken, beef, seafood, dairy products.  Somebody will have to address that issue soon.  Somebody at one of Perdue's massive chicken farms is going to get the virus.  What then?

Food production is out of my immediate control and food is still safe & plentiful. My family is good for at least 6 mos. with our current supplies if the supply chain is cut.

I am prepared as I can be for this and that is not just in the obvious external ways.

I wonder how many people are feeling the hard slap of reality snapping them in the face right about now?

I wonder how many people are confronting their mortalities and it is filling them with fear because they have never dealt with it before?

I wonder how many people are looking at themselves in the mirror and saying to themselves, " Uh oh, I have really let myself go and now I am ripe pickings for a pandemic that I was never prepared for."

"Maybe I should have lost that 50 lbs. Maybe I should have quit smoking. Maybe I should have lightened up on the booze and the dope".

I have been preparing for this since way before it showed up.

For me there is never an excuse to not be prepared. 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with being prepared.  6 months is a lot.  

I'm sitting here. prepared, for me, but not for the rest of society.  Not looking forward to reading about or hearing about people dying, maybe even losing friends or family.

This is kind of back to politics but it brings things home - this is why we have the "Feds".  It's their job.  Let's hope they can figure out what they're doing.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Nothing wrong with being prepared.  6 months is a lot.  

I'm sitting here. prepared, for me, but not for the rest of society.  Not looking forward to reading about or hearing about people dying, maybe even losing friends or family.

This is kind of back to politics but it brings things home - this is why we have the "Feds".  It's their job.  Let's hope they can figure out what they're doing.

Well it is 6 mos. or more because it just happened that way. I used to be a professional chef and know something about stretching food and more importantly, not wasting a thing.

As far as politics go, I saw it all start with Ronald Reagan;

"The nine most terrifying words in the English Language are; I'm from the government, and I'm here to help".

Forty years later and I am living in the logical conclusion of that unbridled cynicism.

Edited by dhp123166
  • Like 1

Clever sayings sound neat but are rarely useful.

If you remove ALL government you're left with 7 billion individuals with sticks and stones.  No guns, because manufacturing requires coordination and agreement.  Who makes what, how they get "paid" (there's probably no money).  So, no government basically means caveman days.

You can argue about how much, the degree of government, but pretending that life is better without any at all is nonsense.  Which is actually where much of the current mess came from.