IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

2 hours ago, 240260280 said:

This train wreck about to happen was easy to see a month before it happened. Burr just had his eyes open.

Maybe.  Part of the discussion is about why he wasn't talking about the impending train wreck sooner, if he did know.

Even the most supportive are having problems understanding it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-says-richard-burr-should-resign-and-be-prosecuted-if-he-cant-explain-stock-dump

This train wreck about to happen was easy to see a month before it happened. Burr just had his eyes open.

Dianne Feinstein did the same thing. This crosses political lines. They are are corrupt regardless of your political affiliation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dianne-feinstein-3-senate-colleagues-sold-off-stocks-before-coronavirus-crash-reports/ar-BB11rIYo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our first pilot at the company tested positive today. This is a big deal because we all share the same facilities, computers and lounges at the hubs. Who knows how many pilots he spread it too before testing positive. This could get ugly fast. We don’t have the luxury of not touching things. There are hundreds of knobs and switches in the cockpit. I try and wipe most down bit it’s impossible to get it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It appears to me that overall, people are really trying to make the separation and isolation approach work.  I think the economic impact is going to force more businesses to open within a couple of weeks; this event has really made it evident how many businesses have few or no reserves and require constant operation to survive. IMO we're going to be figuring it out as we go. If those decisions are heavily influenced by scientists rather than political expediency, we'll be better off. 

As far as the virus, I expect us to be living with it for the foreseeable future.  Viruses don't just disappear, but hopefully this one can be suppressed to the point where it affects fewer people and we keep the medical load within our capability to deal with.  The big fear now is having a huge surge of infections which overwhelm the medical system's capacity. It will be great if some of the existing drugs they're looking at turn out to have secondary uses which can limit the spread of the virus.  There is study going on right now of a existing malaria treatment which might help. I predict that the eventual outcome will be managing the virus to the point where it has equal or less impact than flu, but I don't see much potential for eradicating it. That's not something that history tells us will succeed.

The fact is that we got caught short by denials and stalling on the part of the current administration. We're playing catch-up, but the good news is that once the US decides to do something, we can achieve tremendous things.  

I have a daughter who runs the dieticans at four eating disorder clinics; she had a sore throat last night but there's no hope of her getting a test, as Denver has a couple of hundred tests a day for millions of people and they are being used for high needs people. We all know the problems with supplies of masks, ventilators and cleaning materials.  My youngest brother is a nurse at Western State Hospital in Washington, a psychiatric care facility. He is face to face with the potential for cases there, although fortunately they haven't had any inside the facility yet. 

@NorthernZ ...I wish you the very best luck.  Be well and get through this!  

Edited by Pilgrim

The name "Eisenhower" keeps coming to my mind, but I don't understand why.  

The Coronavirus daily briefing has been all about border control, so far.

Every speaker has to say great things about the President's leadership before they can speak.  Now Azar is spinning the facts to say that we've been ahead of the game all along.  And he's talking about border control again.  Unbelievable, this is incredible.  I think that he's going to say that we will be executing all immigrants soon.  Bow to the President and introduce the next speaker.

Finally, someone is offering real useful information....

These updates are actually good entertainment.  Everyone should watch them if they can.

He's riffing hard now...the President, that is.  Nasty questions...  Serious, turn it on, it's happening right now.

SEAN SPICER is in the audience to ask a softball question about insider information.  I can still see his lime green outfit in my head...  It's all media-bashing now.  Poor Dr. Fauci.

Azar just demonstrated clearly that he does not know what "leadership" means.

Buy GM!  They'll be making ventilators.  Trump says.

Pence is defending the President again.

Trump is saying that he "inherited' a broken system.  But they have rebuilt it,  "It's incredible, what it can do.  We've done a great job.  We haven't been given the credit we deserve."  And... that's it, it's over, those were the final words.

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 2

@NorthernZ ...I wish you the very best luck.  Be well and get through this!  

Thanks Pilgrim! The chemo did it's thing so I have a good chance at a cure by removing the lung. I wish your daughter and brother well, they are about to be over run by this thing, some dark and difficult days ahead, especially for those in the health care field. Thank goodness we have dedicated Dr's and nurses, dieticians, respiratory techs, cleaning staff and countless others who will be putting themselves on the line to help others.