IGNORED

Not bad, but........

2ManyZs

Originally posted by MikeW

Hmm, my 72 speedo starts at zero and all I remember was that 1970 speedos started at something other than zero so I made a bad assumption. Therefore it seems like they went from 20 to 0 to 10. Anyone know why?

MikeW:

I stand corrected.

My 1972 speedo also starts at ZERO. I really don't know where this one starting at 10 mph fits into the Z timeline.

Regarding the 20 mph speedo, according to www.Zhome.com , the change from 20 mph starting speedo to one starting at ZERO was part of the long list of changes that happened on the switch from "Series 1" to "Series 2" cars that occurred in January of 1971. I don't see mention of a speedo with a 10 mph starting point. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject.

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

My 1972 speedo also starts at ZERO. I really don't know where this one starting at 10 mph fits into the Z timeline.

Regarding the 20 mph speedo, according to www.Zhome.com , the change from 20 mph starting speedo to one starting at ZERO was part of the long list of changes that happened on the switch from "Series 1" to "Series 2" cars that occurred in January of 1971. I don't see mention of a speedo with a 10 mph starting point. Maybe someone else can shed some light on the subject.

My '70 240 speedo starts at 20mph, and the '78 280 parts car I've also got sitting around starts at 10mph. I have no reason to believe the '78 speedo isn't original, but I have not done much with that car.

FWIW.

you forgot the rust spots underneath the drivers door. Its in the pic of the open drivers door showing the door panel. Rust spot in the drivers door jam around the data plate, oh and who the heck wants a "sticker" underneath the hatch emblem.

An effin ball hitch....C'mon!

I'm suprised you missed this one, EScanlon!

It is my understanding that there were no "S30" models ever sent into the U.S. The S30 I think is a Japanese or European market only model. (Alan, is this correct?) All the US spec models were left-hand drive, hence the HLS30 designation.

And if you look real close at the VIN plate, you can clearly see "HLS30" on it.

And that 280 lower front valence sticks out like Janet Reno in a bikini at the Playboy Mansion! :sick:

"S30" I thought was simply the body shape of the car.... HLS30, HS30, Japan was just S30 I'm not sure...

but I think it is correct to call thsi car an S30, just like you can call a later model 300ZX a Z32 because that's the body-shape part of the chassis code.

Well that's what I thought anyway!