IGNORED

Parts Refurb

jfa.series1

4 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Nice de-fangeling Jim!

The ones I purchased are not available at this time.  This is roughly what you are looking for, a SPST on off toggle switch, the hole for the switch is 12mm,  I would probably solder the leads instead of using the screw terminal and remove the on off plate.  Not sure about the quality, but you get 5 for about 10 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Rocker-Toggle-Switch-Waterproof/dp/B078KBC5VH/ref=pd_ybh_a_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BGC5ZQ1MQTNHNWVSJWKE

81qQhnC8DJL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for the link. Need a few replacements, I just ordered a group of five.

Has anyone tried just roughing up the metal toggle handle and painting it flat white?

And if someone really really needs a plastic one and has a dead example for autopsy, I bet I could come up with a plastic replacement. Might take 100 hours and cost thousands, but I'd be willing to at least take a look at it.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 12:47 PM, S30Driver said:

The switches arrived today and are not a good fit for the housing.  The 29.5mm dimension is too big to fit flush against the end of the tube.  The OE switch is 23mm (0.9").  Now its off to the site recommended by @SteveJ to shop for a better fit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

The switches arrived today and are not a good fit for the housing.  The 29.5mm dimension is too big to fit flush against the end of the tube.  The OE switch is 23mm (0.9").  Now its off to the site recommended by @SteveJ to shop for a better fit.

This one might work better: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/c-k/T102SHZQE/CKN1549-ND/484203

7 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

This one has a small body, too: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/nkk-switches/M2011B2B1W03/360-3070-ND/4509595

It also has metric threads.

Thanks Steve.  The threaded bushing needs to be 12mm to correctly fit the hole.  Many of the smaller body switches are sub-mini's with a 1/4" (8.9mm) bushing.  In a quick review I spotted a pre-wired switch that looks good, would eliminate soldering wires to a new switch - just use a small butt connector.  Will get back to it later for more investigation. 

The one I ordered worked your right it doesn’t fit flat against the bottom but it does get more than enough threads through and with a little thread locket it’s not going anywhere.. now if I can get myself a new cap..
f9c50af9f3570d2cd3afe8f529b5cc57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk