IGNORED

JDM/option Footrest, differences.

RIP260Z

On 3/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, JDMjunkies.ch said:

3) If you ever make another batch of those rubber-pieces, please let me know. This would be excellent to refurbish my footrest back to original condition...

I have no plans to, but if there is enough interest....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ian

Sorry I did not see this when first posted.

"I sold restored footrest to a member here, maybe if he is looking, he can say what he think to my replacement foot grip."

I believe I am that member.

Ian's restored footrest is beautiful, although I have not installed it yet,  it still looks great in the box :) 

The ribbed portion is perfect.

Thanks again          Steve

• 5 months later...

Just for completeness sake: Nuts and washers that hold down the footrest are still available at nissan (Just got mine today):
DSC_2308-Kopie.jpg

And while trying to find a drawing or any information in the manuals how and especially where to exactly install it (where to drill the holes), all i could find was this information
in the Japanese "introduction of the S30" Service bulletin just explaining the function of the footrest and which japanese models it was installed and which ones had it as an option:
JDM-S30-introduction-Footrest-Kopie.jpg

I'm not sure if such a document exists, and there are plenty of pictures and factory equipped cars to get the measures from,
But if anybody has an official installation manual or official drwaing with (or without) measures, that would be great. Just to get it perfect.

Edited by JDMjunkies.ch
improved english :)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

Alan, you're the man! this really helps me a lot to get the perfect location.
Thank you so much for this, i really appreciate

With the caveat that - of course - you'll need to transpose for LHD.

4 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

With the caveat that - of course - you'll need to transpose for LHD.

Sure, in understoud that. I will have a look the next days if the rubber plug holes are in the same position on LHD and RHD Cars and if your measures make any sense on an LHD car, but my guess is yes 🙂
As far as i can't find an official drawing or installation manual or an LHD Car with a factory installed Footrest (which i haven't seen yet) this is the next best thing. Thanks a lot again!

2 hours ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

As far as i can't find an official drawing or installation manual or an LHD Car with a factory installed Footrest (which i haven't seen yet) this is the next best thing. Thanks a lot again!

It may not help you if the factory tar board/sound deadener is no longer present on your floor panels, but I noted on my 4/70 HLS30U that it had gaps which corresponded with the factory footrest mount positions. No factory footrest or doubler mounts underneath, but the tar board has the corresponding gaps should they have been required:

Pass-Floor-1.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks again. i've seen this picture a few posts earlier before. I went through the pictures i took during disassembly of both my chassis to see if they had these gaps.
Just to see / remember again that chassis nr 1 had some kind of redneck engineering floorpans and chassis nr 2 had such rotten floorpans that the complete insulating stuff was totally chipped away due to the rust underneath 😆
But these reference pictures will definitely help to figure it out! Thanks again.

Edited by JDMjunkies.ch