IGNORED

280z Head Disassembly?

moozieman

the white tail pipe smoke is the issue? I thought it was leaking around the manifold?

Take it out and drive it for a while, see if it still has white smoke.

Are you losing antifreeze? is it overheating?

Edited by Dave WM

1 minute ago, Dave WM said:

the white tail pipe smoke is the issue? I thought it was leaking around the manifold?

Take it out and drive it for a while, see if it still has white smoke.

The first video depicts my manifold issue. The second was so you could hear the exhaust. The car isn’t driving. It’s stationary right now. No transmission fluid at the moment. I’m in the process of getting it road ready

You posted the same video two times.  High idle, smoky exhaust.  Looks like a cold engine from the condensate/water dripping from the pipe.

Since it's running you should still do what I suggested.  In my opinion.  You can have an exhaust leak without having an intake leak.  And some exhaust leaks seal up when the engine gets hot.

Edit - but with the idle so high it will be hard to diagnose.  You need a warmed up engine.

Edited by Zed Head

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

You posted the same video two times.  High idle, smoky exhaust.  Looks like a cold engine from the condensate/water dripping from the pipe.

Since it's running you should still do what I suggested.  In my opinion.  You can have an exhaust leak without having an intake leak.  And some exhaust leaks seal up when the engine gets hot.

Edit - but with the idle so high it will be hard to diagnose.  You need a warmed up engine.

Oops! my bad. Heres the correct video....IMG_2100.TRIM.MOV

Edited by moozieman

if you are looking for things to do, make sure you have good hoses on all the FI stuff and use the correct FI clamps. Get FI rated hose, its a fairly low pressure system as far as FI goes, but why risk it. Also a trip to the local JY will give you a bunch of GOOD FI OE clamps, not those slotted style. You want a good tight no leak FI system, esp on a car this old that likely has leaks if everything has not been replaced already. Carry a good fire extinguisher at all times.