IGNORED

Mint '71 240Z - More Fun Coming to BaT

DatsunZGuy

2 minutes ago, christoffel said:

@26th-Z M69  cars have also no rear window defroggers.  Very special that my HLS30-00023 has been very close with your HLS30-00026 on the production line. Here is the engine for #23

9c447fc2-258e-4a10-a35d-c607057bc430.JPG

fef3d445-40a2-4ce8-a9ee-0532ea6fdb86.JPG

Looks great.  Where have you been getting you new radiator hoses from?

14 minutes ago, christoffel said:

@kats   About the seats of the silver Z432 December 1970 made, that is owned by Mr. Yoshida , Where there already new seat meachanisms used on series 1 cars?

I think you're referring to the 'flip forward lever' of Japanese market Deluxe models?

Here's an image from November 1969-dated factory literature showing the 'Deluxe' variant (Fairlady Z-L and Fairlady Z432) seats with the flip-forward lever:

69-Deluxe-seats-1.JPG

The Japanese market 'Standard' model did not get the flip-forward lever. North American market HLS30U, UN and UV models essentially got the cheaper 'Standard' seats too. 

@HS30-H  @katsThank you very much!!!! I think you must be Allen!   Kats always mentioned your knowledge!  In the beginning I was only focused on US cars, but I have also some EU cars with VINs around HLS30-39000 and they have the "Delux"seats. So I was confused, becuase US cars around the same VIN had the simple mechanism. I thought they were not correct!  But now for me a big confusion is solved.

Edited by christoffel

24 minutes ago, christoffel said:

@HS30-H  @katsThank you very much!!!! I think you must be Allen!   Kats always mentioned your knowledge!  In the beginning I was only focused on US cars, but I have also some EU cars with VINs around HLS30-39000 and they have the "Delux"seats. So I was confused, becuase US cars around the same VIN had the simple mechanism. I thought they were not correct!  But now for me a big confusion is solved.

Glad you found it informative.

For me, the BringaTrailer comments section is - once again - proving to be an echo chamber for many of the same-as-usual characters. One contributor suggested that the comments on this particular car be gathered up in digest form as some sort of reference material, but I don't see how that could ever hope to be accurate when so many contributions don't even get past the first level of moderation?

Once again I see larger-than-life character 'Lstepp4re' apparently getting some kind of free pass to post incorrect statements. He's been wittering on about 'Nikra' exhausts (he means Nihon Radiator's 'Nichira' brand) and how Matsua (he means Matsuo) told him that the 240Z was 'designed for the USA', whilst also stating that "stripes on a Z are aftermarket". That would be news to Nissan, who offered them as a showroom option from 1969 onwards on Japanese market cars. There are also stripe kits - in three colours - with a K3110 part number prefix - in the factory R-Drive parts manuals. So of course he's wrong, but an attempted correction doesn't make it past BringaTrailer moderation.  

As the seat question shows, it's wise to look at ALL variants of the S30-series Z as a source of reference. If people are convinced that the "Made For The USA" mantra means they only need to look at USA market variants, then they'll never properly understand their USA market variant.     

• Like 3

2 hours ago, christoffel said:

@kats     I was mistaken with my 69 cars about the clip. The later cars have the clip, but a different inspection lid. I have a bad quality picture here.

The early fenders and the plastic clip are on my #3394 car but not anymore on my #3957 car

IMG_0064.jpg

Hi christoffel , that is the second from the beginning , most 1969 cars have that tab .

The first one is very simple, no -tab on the edge . Some of them just have a rubber at that location.Some of them have nothing.

The third one is around December 1969 to January or February 1970 , a metal tab is welded to the lid . 

The fourth one is from February or March 1970 , a metal tab is molded in ONE PIECE .

The fifth one , same as the fourth , in ONE PIECE made but got the metal clip .This would be started somewhere around mid 1970 . 

Kats

Hi Alan , I totally agree with you, it is like if I want to know more about myself, I must look into my family , and relatives. Without this point of view , I will never understand what I should be . 
Looking at some variants sometimes gives enlightenment to me why the parts should look like . And it also gives me an idea how to get parts from , etc etc .

Kats

• Like 2