IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

That reminds me...I discovered that the silver metallic wheel paint one of the local auto parts stores is a perfect match to the paint on my 2008 BMW wheels.  I need to go over them this summer, clean up a lot of curb rash, and re-paint them.  

Doggone it, you're setting a good example for the rest of us....

Edited by Pilgrim

Yeah, rattle can and heat gun. Worked out well.
Tires are still very good, don’t get many miles per year and never in rain. But aiming for new wheels next season.

That’s beautifully flat for rattle can work - nicely done sir.

You are lucky! I virtually never take my Z out in the wet - although in Britain we get caught out quite a lot. One moment sunny, next minute you are worrying about the car dissolving ;)

What wheels are you aiming for? I do like the ones you have been painting.

2 hours ago, AK260 said:

That’s beautifully flat for rattle can work - nicely done sir.

You are lucky! I virtually never take my Z out in the wet - although in Britain we get caught out quite a lot. One moment sunny, next minute you are worrying about the car dissolving ?

What wheels are you aiming for? I do like the ones you have been painting.

Yes you have a lot more rainy days per year in Britain then here in Sweden, not so fun when the weather change so quickly.

Im changing my mind regarding the wheels but my mind is now set on a set of equip 03s in 15X8. 629FEC65-F6DB-4A33-9974-EAE1FC3474FE.pngD091685D-57A1-4D53-A27C-8D2BD082F3B8.png

• Like 1

Yes you have a lot more rainy days per year in Britain then here in Sweden, not so fun when the weather change so quickly.
Im changing my mind regarding the wheels but my mind is now set on a set of equip 03s in 15X8. 629FEC65-F6DB-4A33-9974-EAE1FC3474FE.thumb.png.b458cce6f8515f4b6ec2def33e405b07.pngD091685D-57A1-4D53-A27C-8D2BD082F3B8.thumb.png.c914513eb79688e00781687da700db77.png

They will look fab on your car!! Will 8” fit without rubbing or arch work?

I had no idea you were in Sweden! I worked for a long time in Kista (Ericsson). Absolutely love the Swedes, one of the planets loveliest cultures I’ve had the pleasure of experiencing. It summers were crazy bright - I always thought that as an adult I can just use a clock for going to bed when it’s still light outside at 22:00, but no! Just partied like the rest ;)

8” ET 0 will fit nicely with a 225x50 tire but that’s about as wide as it gets without massaging the fenders.

Small world as usually ; )

Im in a small town called Ödeshög (next to lake Vättern) about 250KM south of Kista.

Summertime here are often great and as you say days are bright but winters are the opposite, not much daylight for many month. Dark when you wake up and dark when you get home from work.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Branson event in the covid era.

Every year at this time, Branson hosts Zfest, a fun fun event with great driving roads, lots of food & beverages.

This time around, it was of course cancelled, however a rebel group was rumored to hold a informal Z get together.  MikeW decided to make the trek from Austin to cure a case of cabin fever, and with that, it put me over the edge to go for a few days.  I figured if he was coming all the way from Texas the least I could do was drive the 120 miles and join him.

We had a great time, about 20 people and 15 Z cars were there.  The area's venues are closed, our hotel was lightly occupied, and we bought our own food, barbecued our ribs, burgers, chicken and brats.  We went to no restaurants, and only visited a supermarket for additional supplies once.

Among those in attendance were Chris and Robbie from the ZCCA.   The 350, 370z was the strongest in numbers.   MikeW brought his current 260z project and we had the only S30's present.   Can't wait to see how he transforms that car in the near future.   Thanks Mike for a great time and keeping me fed!

Bran20 1.jpg

Bran20 2.jpg

Bran20 3.jpgBran20 4.jpg

Mikes latest 260 project, what carbs are those?    @Captain Obvious would know they are webers, @Zup would hope for flat tops ....

• Like 2