IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

Wrapped up the Honda Wiper Motor Upgrade today. I picked up a new aftermarket Civic motor off ebay and ordered Dave Irwin's magic wiring harness. It all came together nicely and works perfectly!

Wiper 03.jpg

Wiper 04.jpg

Wiper 05.jpg

Wiper 06.jpg

Wiper 07.jpg

Jim,

This give you 2 speeds like original correct?

C

I drove around, I did almost 300miles... I was supposed to just go for a drive, then get some coffee with the girlfriend. I ended up driving into San Francisco and up to Point Reyes. Was a good little shakedown for the Z.

there was a little fumes in the cabin after replacing the hatch seal. Found that it has shifted in the corner, I reglued it down. 

the girlfriend says it’s much more quiet inside the cabin. This week I’ll finish off installing the fan/blower.

7F5D8F49-2395-4C8C-A977-782901740A43.jpeg

Edited by heyitsrama
  • Like 1

Yesterday one of the car guys in my neighborhood organized a Dad's Day Cruise around our neighborhood.  We live in an area with one road that circles around a lake; the road itself is about 2.5 miles and there are a few cul-de-sacs off that road.  An email went out to all the neighborhood and at 10 AM we started the cruise, visiting every bit of the road and going through every cul-de-sac.  Lots of people brought out lawn chairs and waved and yelled.  We honked a lot.

The cruise was led by the organizer driving his 1929 Chevy touring car (top down), followed by: beautiful 1949 GMC pickup, Fiat 124 Spyder, bright yellow 80's Lamborghini, one of two Miatas, Porsche 911 Targa, my 1983 280 ZX Turbo, a 1991 BMW 850i, another Miata, a recent Honda SUV with "Love my dad" signs, and a few other vehicles I can't recall clearly. 

There were many grins and yells for my ZX, as it and the Miatas were among the more attainable cars people were familiar with.  It was a fun 40 minutes.  I had the T-tops out for the first time in a couple of years, which made waving easier. ?

280 6-05.jpg

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 2