IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

1 hour ago, S30Driver said:

Branson event in the covid era.

Every year at this time, Branson hosts Zfest, a fun fun event with great driving roads, lots of food & beverages.

This time around, it was of course cancelled, however a rebel group was rumored to hold a informal Z get together.  MikeW decided to make the trek from Austin to cure a case of cabin fever, and with that, it put me over the edge to go for a few days.  I figured if he was coming all the way from Texas the least I could do was drive the 120 miles and join him.

We had a great time, about 20 people and 15 Z cars were there.  The area's venues are closed, our hotel was lightly occupied, and we bought our own food, barbecued our ribs, burgers, chicken and brats.  We went to no restaurants, and only visited a supermarket for additional supplies once.

Among those in attendance were Chris and Robbie from the ZCCA.   The 350, 370z was the strongest in numbers.   MikeW brought his current 260z project and we had the only S30's present.   Can't wait to see how he transforms that car in the near future.   Thanks Mike for a great time and keeping me fed!

Bran20 3.jpgBran20 4.jpg

Mikes latest 260 project, what carbs are those?    @Captain Obvious would know they are webers, @Zup would hope for flat tops ....

Tell him to get rid of the downdrafts. Get a set of SUs and do a Patton Machine fuel injection. The 260Z is pretty much ideal for that conversion.

i reapplied some seam sealer on the slam panel area in the boot yesterday, and then got down to some primer earlier this morning.

While i was waiting for it to dry i got this Honda CB 500 finally started after i lost a bit of interest when i got into the Zs.

I had the coils wired backwards ?. Cant wait to move it out of the garage and get working on the other Z. 

8 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

i reapplied some seam sealer on the slam panel area in the boot yesterday, and then got down to some primer earlier this morning.

While i was waiting for it to dry i got this Honda CB 500 finally started after i lost a bit of interest when i got into the Zs.

I had the coils wired backwards ?. Cant wait to move it out of the garage and get working on the other Z. 

As they say, no pics, no Honda CB 500... ?

After repairing my original dash a few times and having crack again after each time I finally succumbed and installed a full dash cover. I took the the car out in 91degree heat today and no issues with the new cover and I'm pleased with the result. ?

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

After repairing my original dash a few times and having crack again after each time I finally succumbed and installed a full dash cover.

Greg,  that is a full cover and not a Vintage Dash I am assuming...    Looks nice, and passed dreaded heat test.

• Like 1

I changed the oil in the 260Z today. That was just the warmup for the real work.

I bought some of Derek's 280Z speaker enclosures a couple of months ago. (https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/53157-280z-kick-panel-speaker-pods-in-development/) I got them for my 260Z knowing that there would be some modifications. I had to cut away some material at the top front of the driver side enclosure to clear the hood release cable, and I had to cut away some material at the top of the back of the passenger side enclosure to clear the fuse box. Otherwise, I didn't have to modify them much. I did use some wide strips of velcro to help secure the enclosures to the kick panels. Now I just have to finish wiring the speakers to the stereo.