IGNORED

Need Help Valuing 1975 280z

messer12

$2000 is fair market price for that considering all the red flags on that vehicle. Why waste your time and money? 

I tend to agree. It’s probably worth more than $2000 because you said it “runs well”? I went back through the pics and the rust is worse than I thought. The frame rails in the engine compartment looks like they could be pretty bad. I’m concerned about what you can’t see. Walk away...find a better car. They are out there just be patient. Rust repair will drain your wallet fast. I’d rather have a non-runner with little or no rust than a running car. Getting the engine running or a replacement isn’t that expensive compared to rust and metal work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

I tend to agree. It’s probably worth more than $2000 because you said it “runs well”? I went back through the pics and the rust is worse than I thought. The frame rails in the engine compartment looks like they could be pretty bad. I’m concerned about what you can’t see. Walk away...find a better car. They are out there just be patient. Rust repair will drain your wallet fast. I’d rather have a non-runner with little or no rust than a running car. Getting the engine running or a replacement isn’t that expensive compared to rust and metal work.

This is exactly right!!!

I would rather fix a motor, tranny and the complete brake system than deal with a rusty car. A rusty car takes an enormous amount of time (if you do it yourself) or an enormous amount of money (if you pay someone)

Sometimes I wonder if sellers look at early Z cars and think that somehow that price also applies to their car.  In other words, maybe they saw a low vin 240z and think the 280 will bring the same money.  This is especially true of the ZX folks.   I'm not really a low vin chaser but if that were a low vin car, it would be worth much more than it is. Although no where near their asking price but certainly closer.  That is sheer fantasy.

You can find dry 280z all day long.  That one was pulled out of a lake.

• Like 1