IGNORED

240Z Hazard switch differences

zKars

14 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

I have to disagree with your post regarding the Series 1 version.  I am the original owner of my car and the switch with the twin triangles on the handle is original to the car.  You'll note that member @w3wilkes indicates his 12/70 car has the same version of the switch and handle.

I stand on my original designations, I have pulled enough of these switches to back it up with anecdotal support.

Just because the switch is in the car, it does not mean it has not been changed at some point.

And...there is also that Datsun idiosyncrasie installing on vehicles items that should not be there; switches from other production runs, interior plastics etc...

1 hour ago, dhp123166 said:

I stand on my original designations, I have pulled enough of these switches to back it up with anecdotal support.

Just because the switch is in the car, it does not mean it has not been changed at some point.

And...there is also that Datsun idiosyncrasie installing on vehicles items that should not be there; switches from other production runs, interior plastics etc...

I'm with @jfa.series1, my 7/70 car #6521 has the double triangle switch. I have owned it since 1978, it has the original dash with no cracks and all of the switches and gauges appear to be original and are in good working order. The interior had been very well kept by the original owner, I see no evidence that anything was changed.

4 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

I'm with @jfa.series1, my 7/70 car #6521 has the double triangle switch. I have owned it since 1978, it has the original dash with no cracks and all of the switches and gauges appear to be original and are in good working order. The interior had been very well kept by the original owner, I see no evidence that anything was changed.

"Appear to be original"- How can you be sure? Your switch is original Datsun no matter what iteration is on your car, there were no aftermarket manufacturer for these.

"I see no evidence that anything was changed"- You would not see any evidence as a swap is a direct bolt in.

1, 2, or 3 supposed occurrences do not a statistic make.

1 hour ago, dhp123166 said:

"Appear to be original"- How can you be sure? Your switch is original Datsun no matter what iteration is on your car, there were no aftermarket manufacturer for these.

"I see no evidence that anything was changed"- You would not see any evidence as a swap is a direct bolt in.

1, 2, or 3 supposed occurrences do not a statistic make.

The likelihood that the hazard switch was changed in the first 7 years of the car is very low, and JFA is the one and only owner of his car. I suspect the switches are original to these cars

17 hours ago, Patcon said:

The likelihood that the hazard switch was changed in the first 7 years of the car is very low, and JFA is the one and only owner of his car. I suspect the switches are original to these cars

" I suspect" = opinion.

17 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

No, I can't be 100% sure but the same can be said for "anecdotal support". With @jfa.series1being an original owner I would say there is very strong evidence showing that some series one cars came with the double triangle switch.

Respectfully, Mike 

"Anecdotal support" = more exact than opinion based on one or two exceptions to the rule. 

Enough proof based on actual removal of said switches on enough vehicles to postulate a correct theorem as to what goes with what.

Scientific method stuff...

Also, I have sold enough of these switches with the parameters I put forth and not one buyer has come back and stated " That is not the one which is on my vehicle."

Curiously, part numbers (except one) are not found on the one online source I use for all my Datsun part number needs.

Edited by dhp123166