IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

It's a spoiler I bought used from http://www.new-datsun-parts.com/datsun-510-parts.html

With the valance off the car the spoiler doesn't seem to fit very well but the valance does get bent into a more curved shape when mounted so I'm hoping it fits together properly when mounted.  I thought perhaps it was for another car but it does look the same as pics I have found on Google and the vendor says it is correct for a 510, besides, I don't think I have ever fit a spoiler that actually just bolted up easily.

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

The big milestone today, paint and clearcoat done! So nice to say that, God I find painting so stressful, just so easy to screw up and wreck all your work.

3 coats of colour and 3 coats of clear, lots of little dust particles but they should all come out when I start sanding the clear with 1200 grit.  It's the same colour is was when I bought the car only now the rust, dents and orange peel are gone😉

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

That's a superb result, Chris.  You have really modest facilities compared with a lot of guys who display their results on the internet, so this is really a great testimony to your skills, ingenuity, and persistence.  A great illustration of why this site and its contributors are really exceptional in a world of contracted-out, done-by-others restorations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1