IGNORED

Different ignition

Stick figure

After figuring up the price on what I want to do, looks like I'm keeping the fuel injection. It is kinda cool, a 83 model car with fuel injection. I'm sure I'll learn all about it and what I can do to make it run like a v8 without pouring thousands of dollars into it. I just went out and started it, got sea foam in the tank cleaning it out. It's 29 degrees and started right up, idling decent, just won't rev up quickly, tap the gas and falls on its face.

11 minutes ago, Stick figure said:

I'm sure I'll learn all about it

A 280zx has a analog computer, it computes an output signal from many different signals it gets from de sensors to run the engine.. but it does not have a actual ECU.. (I'm glad it has not!)  this system was and can be still reliable.  (an ECU has a clock signal and a processor, this can not be found in any 280zx..)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stick figure said:

After figuring up the price on what I want to do, looks like I'm keeping the fuel injection. It is kinda cool, a 83 model car with fuel injection. I'm sure I'll learn all about it and what I can do to make it run like a v8 without pouring thousands of dollars into it. I just went out and started it, got sea foam in the tank cleaning it out. It's 29 degrees and started right up, idling decent, just won't rev up quickly, tap the gas and falls on its face.

The EFI guys here can help you get it sorted. Just provide lots of details and some pictures

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well this EFI guy can tell you that by 1983, the ECU's WERE computer controlled.

And again i learnt something!

I've learnt in those years early '80 to program the 6802 …. 1 more than the 6801  haha... funny!   does the NA also have the 6801 or only the turbo version?  The turbo came only in 1983 in the Netherlands!  We had no 1981 or '82 turbo version..  they were all NA.   the turbo was an extra car imported in 1983, and 1984 came the first 300zx's.. 

• Like 1