IGNORED

L28 full rebuild assembly

Av8ferg

3 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

Rod bearings arrived too. I purchased tri-metal standard bearings made by Taiho $38. Tried to buy the Clevite 77 P- series but they are no longer available anywhere in STD sizes for Rods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the "P" series harder than the "A" series? 

https://whiteheadperformance.com/product/clevite-77-trimetal-rod-bearings-cb-966p-l24-l26-l28-l28et-datsun-240z-260z-280z-280zx/

P-series are Tri-metal bearings. They have a steel backing, copper middle and aluminum surface. They are capable of handling a higher RPM than the A-series and are better on performance engines I’ve read. The A series are all aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkb974cb6e049560248967eeba90a17eb5.jpg

• Like 1

P-series are Tri-metal bearings. They have a steel backing, copper middle and aluminum surface. They are capable of handling a higher RPM than the A-series and are better on performance engines I’ve read. The A series are all aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkb974cb6e049560248967eeba90a17eb5.jpg&key=96fbebe74f08942741248a8a51c14e5ca8c30817a4b104f4d82561641b390390
I think top layer in tri metal is lead or a lead alloy, not aluminium.

Did you ever get the crankshaft end play worked out?

Not yet, but I will before I move forward. I’ve been gone a lot for work lately. Dial Indicator on it way thanks to one of our favorite members CO who offered me one of his extras.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha!! Just trying to pay it forward.    :beer:

What's the prospect of all three of us having our new shiny motors powering our cars at ZCON 2020?

Maybe I’ll sneak in there too with a fresh motor - if I ever get the beast to stay together - lol

• Like 1

Haha!! Just trying to pay it forward.    :beer:
What's the prospect of all three of us having our new shiny motors powering our cars at ZCON 2020?

You guys will be humming down the road and with my luck my engine will blow up 1/2 way there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk