IGNORED

L28 full rebuild assembly

Av8ferg

Cliff, thanks for the pics. That pan is the ZX pan in your pics. You can tell bey the shape of the pickup opening. Its more curved than the Z. See my pics of the two side by side above.

The fit seems fine. Didn’t feel it hitting anything and didn’t require any force to get the pan to sit flush. I don’t think it will be a problem. At least I hope, I’ve spend few hours removing rust and grime on that pan and put a fresh coat of POR-15 on it . Looks like new. Also did the harmonic balancer while I had all the stuff out.
71e58ffeb4c63c7921147b4547b9ca4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes it's a ZX pan and pickup.  I have an F54 block bored .030 over and all the other bits and pieces to put it together.  It came with new .030 over dished pistons that I don't care for that much but I may build it one day or I would have offered you the ZX pickup screen. :victorious:

Thanks Cliff, much appreciated. BTW, If you or anyone else on here has the 6 bolts that mount the flywheel to the crank...I need a set.

7 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

Thanks Cliff, much appreciated. BTW, If you or anyone else on here has the 6 bolts that mount the flywheel to the crank...I need a set.

Doesn't say anything about the ZX but they're on sale.

https://zcardepot.com/products/flywheel-bolt-set-oem-240z-260z-280z-510?_pos=1&_sid=4c961959d&_ss=r

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

anyone else on here has the 6 bolts that mount the flywheel to the crank

I've got a spare set if you need one. I had zero, so I put out a request a little while ago that was generously answered by @240260280. Then shortly after his gift set arrived, I lucked into a second set in a box of misc Z parts off craigslist. So now I have two sets and would happily send a set your way with the next shipment headed your way.

But if I know you, the new set is already on it's way to you.   LOL 

• Like 1

I've got a spare set if you need one. I had zero, so I put out a request a little while ago that was generously answered by [mention=31602]240260280[/mention]. Then shortly after his gift set arrived, I lucked into a second set in a box of misc Z parts off craigslist. So now I have two sets and would happily send a set your way with the next shipment headed your way.
But if I know you, the new set is already on it's way to you.   LOL 

Thanks. Actually, hadn’t pulled the trigger yet on a new set. I’d be happy to accept a donation and add it to my beer deficit I owe you.

• Like 2

So, I’ve installed the oil tube pickup. I took some pics to share. It looks like a tight fit but still no obstruction I can see. As you can see in the pic its darn close to the oil drain plug. I’d guess it’s about 1/4-3/8” away from the threads on the drain.

What do you all think?

e8261de4231254d8e02f52bab508f4d5.jpg6b58ecaee1f29f4b1b59ad131548b5c3.jpg99fc2efe23a03263327b604f25901812.jpgaf672beb4a66ecb9a58f98b7ac91caa1.jpg