IGNORED

The stronger one, 4- or 5-speed?

Suomizeta

This web site shows the variations. Edit - but it also has the common error of calling the 71B a 71A.  The Nissan data is the most clear.

https://www.drivetrain.com/parts-catalog/manual-transmission-rebuild-kits-and-parts/manual-tansmission-nissan-rebuild-kits

Edited by Zed Head

12 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I tried to figure out where "Turku" is and got Finland as a possibility.  Pukki is a Finnish international soccer player, playing for Norwich city.  They just beat Man city.

Very good. I think Pukki could be a relative to me. We are, almost for sure, at least when you study deep and far enough... I thought nobody in the U.S. cares too much about soccer. It is called football around here.

Edited by Suomizeta

It is a small city "Naantali" where the Moomins stay. Very close to Turku.

This is fun. You people know things about Finland. In Youtube Jay Leno tries to prove that people from U.S. think Europe is a country and Paris the capitol of it.

Edited by Suomizeta
  • Haha 1

It is a small city "Naantali" where the Moomins stay. Very close to Turku.
This is fun. You people know things about Finland. In Youtube Jay Leno tries to prove that people from U.S. think Europe is a country and Paris the capitol of it.
Oh yes. I think I flew in to Turku and stayed in Naantali for an exciting 3gpp meeting. There was a nice lake I ran around.

Back to the original question. I think I will open my broken box just to find out how a gearbox looks and works.

Then I buy a used 200sx-71C-box. If I find one. How much do those cost in the U.S.? Just for comparison. I believe somebody has those for sale in my country, too.