IGNORED

Failed CO emissions - all controls removed - where to start?

thetwood

OK, it downloaded in Chrome. Firefox blocked it. Thanks for the nudge.

The only dimension noted is the length. It would help to have a dimension for the top width, the distance to where the block narrows, and the width after it narrows.

Not complaining, just trying to make sure our online friends have the info they need.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

OK, it downloaded in Chrome. Firefox blocked it. Thanks for the nudge.

The only dimension noted is the length. It would help to have a dimension for the top width, the distance to where the block narrows, and the width after it narrows.

Not complaining, just trying to make sure our online friends have the info they need.

I can do that!  Quick beer first, this makes my head hurt just thinking about this little job. LOL

I just remembered my first time doing this, nervously I will add. :love:

I used a long screwdriver turned upside down.  The handle fit perfect and held the tensioner back then my nightmare began.  I couldn't get the damn screwdriver out!  Finally got a good hold of the flat blade with some vise grips and pulled like a mother.  Then I did my Happy Dance. :beer:

Edited by siteunseen

Thanks very much for helping with more measurements.

And I hear you - if you managed to do that with a screwdriver, I bow to you, and to both your mechanical prowess and considerable good luck!!  ?

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Haha 1

I made the one from the down load plans. That being said I would hesitate to go too deep into this. Back to orig problem failed HC, so I assume rich setting. easiest thing to try 1st is to confirm AT THE ECU the resistance values vs. Temps on the temp sensor. A little bit too much resistance there and you end up with a rich run. Next Start switch enrichment, again it should not be there AT THE ECU when key is not on "Start". Lastly AFM air temp sensor, again AT THE ECU. Since it has the stock ECU might as well make sure those parts are sending it good info. I just seems like its going to be hard to know what is working without a way to monitor the exhaust gases with any changes made.

• Like 1