IGNORED

72 Fairlady Z never converted to US requirements

BarbnBobB

8 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Thank you.  I was curious as to what the carpet looking ring is?

The 'S30-S' model came from the factory with rubber mats (visible forward of the seat in that photo) rather than carpets, but I presume it is something attached to/around the forward seat bracket.

Looks like a piece of foam or something to my eye, but hard to tell. I don't think it's anything worth worrying about...

Thanks for all of the input, we actually have 3 other 240Z's 1 1970 and 2 71's. I ahve pics of two of them with one being the white one. I will be looking to sell them as well but doing all of my research to determine proper value for each of them. 

IMG_20190826_125954541.jpg

IMG_20190826_130009427.jpg

IMG_20190826_130022720.jpg

IMG_20190826_142411421.jpg

IMG_20190826_142610521.jpg

IMG_20190826_142631403.jpg

IMG_20190826_130331759.jpg

IMG_20190826_130341798.jpg

IMG_20190826_130355156.jpg

IMG_20190826_143352442.jpg

• Like 2

I see two mats; a mat with ribs running laterally across the car and another mat with ribs running longitudinally on top.  I'll bet the mats were the same as what was exported.  Also noticing a dogleg shift insinuating a 5-speed.  What is the silver plate on the door just ahead of the handle?  It doesn't seem to be a step light.  Blanking plate?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BarbnBobB said:

Thanks for all of the input, we actually have 3 other 240Z's 1 1970 and 2 71's. I ahve pics of two of them with one being the white one. I will be looking to sell them as well but doing all of my research to determine proper value for each of them. 

Your Father-in-law would be very happy to know these guys. Could've been on here before himself.

They will give you good honest information, opinions about selling them at top dollar for his family.

Best of luck down the road. You have a nice, clean job ahead of you. ?

49 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Thanks  I have never seen that.  What does it say, Alan?

It's the 'Seibi' sticker. Maintenance/check precautions. Annoying Nanny State stuff which used to be known as common sense...

If the printed writing is still legible its a good pointer to a little-used car I'd say. Enthusiastic cleaning rubbed them bare. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

I see two mats; a mat with ribs running laterally across the car and another mat with ribs running longitudinally on top.  I'll bet the mats were the same as what was exported.

I would expect the material of the Z-S rubber mats to be the same as those the very first Export cars, but of course the shape would be different in RHD vs LHD configurations with the details for the pedal areas also differing. Rib pattern area is port-to-starboard rather than fore-to-aft. I think the photo on question might show an extra foot mat over the original full-length mat?

Here's the passenger side Z-S floor mat in my 432-R replica for comparison:

LH rubber mat.jpg

• Like 3