IGNORED

LED dash lights.... :)

PrOxLaMuS©

LOL !

Lot's of confusion I sense... mmmm...

My special gee-whizz blinking LED was to do with the fact that it was wired through a little chip which was intelligent enough to make the light blink!

Usually the LED will stay on, like a normal light bulb.

Yep, with the current state of SPEED CAMERAS, these blinking dash lights really make you aware of your speedo AT ALL TIMES. I just can't get my eyes off them they're so distracting!

That's what the cops want, isn't it? :cross-eye

Sounds like the indicators on my 240K ! They get faster as you do more RPM !

How about brake lights that get more intense the harder you're stepping on the brake? (dont credit me for that, Jaguar came up with it I think with its F-Type prototype, in other news, the F-type project is back online, with an expected release date of around 2006!)

04.jaguar.ftype.f3-4.350.jpg

(trying to veer off from the subject as much as possible, tune in for my next post where I talk about Antelopes!)

Mushupork5,

One of my favorite dishes. I'm assuming in the pic the top wire is ground and the wire at bottom is positive? What range of resistor values can you use on 12V LEDs before they will have problems either glowing at all or burning up(imagine it might depend on amperage of LED). I'm also assuming you can use a variable resistor( ie: console light dimmer switch or other) to vary the brightness. Alot of assuming here. Thanks, Victor.

using a variable resistor would be easy to do, you would just have to remove the dimmer switch already on the Z and put a variable resistor where the power to the lights go, but you would still have to add resistors to each LED for best performance. The positive lead of the led (the long one) is connected to power and the negative (short one) to ground, i'm going out of town this weekend but look for a basic guide sometime around wednesday or thursday of next week, unless someone beats me to the chase.

and for resistor values, its all based on the amperage of the led