IGNORED

"Brand new" 280Z

brunodoggy

If you paid less than 30k you got a very good deal. I would sell it right now if it were me. The market is extremely hot and if the economy slows down, values will fall. Turn it into cash and shop for a really clean S30 of your choice. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you could sell the car for 50-60k in the current environment and the right platform. That is a unicorn...

• Like 2

All:

Well, this new first-hand evidence is certainly a compelling demonstration of the pitfalls of visuals over the web. The first fotos lead me astray regarding the actual hue of the blue, I reckon (tho the jury may still be out regarding the undercarriage...).

So maybe it wasn't Col. Mustard in the Library with the lead pipe after all.

However, I will reserve a final bark up this tree until after the car's first good wash, over and under.

Still, spot on or off the mark, the exercise was an interesting diversion from the same old, same old.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brunodoggy said:

ensys, I totally appreciate your critical take on this car. This car should not exist. I almost don't believe it and I can see the car in person!

Like I said, it's a unicorn. Possibly the only 350 mile 280z in existence...

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Wow. Well done. I absolutely cannot understand the reasoning behind the whole situation, but it sure does look like that could very well be a 350 mile car.

So where / how did you find the car? Craigslist? Word of mouth?

my FIL had a 300ZX AE that had been parked since 1992. About 3 years ago I pulled it out and got it running. Seeing it, my friend said "I have a neighbor that has a Z with no miles but he's not interested in selling".
Last week my friend was talking to his neighbor who said he was ready to sell his car. The rest is history 

• Like 2