Jump to content

lonetreesteve

1972 240Z Vintage Z Program Car up for Auction on BaT

Recommended Posts

HS30-H

So the VZ cars aren’t bad, they are ok. They just aren’t unique or particularly rare and everyone needs to understand that.

Very good points. Glad you spoke up so we know! Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SpeedRoo said:

Aston Martin only started doing it in the last 5 to 6 years, they never did it before that. Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story now. The DB4 Zagato Sanction 2 cars in the late 1980s/early 1990s were essentially 4 brand new cars with newly issued chassis numbers.

I'm not talking about the 'Sanction 2' cars. Not the same thing at all.

I'm talking about the active buying-in, in-house restoring, then selling-on as 'Factory Refurbished' cars (with a one year warranty) which Aston Martin Works Service were carrying out since at least the late 1970s, if not earlier. It was done because there was a demand for it, and the will to do it.

Five or six years? I've brought up the point here on this forum several times in the past, and have brought up the Aston Martin Works Service example (amongst others) in relation to the 'VZ' cars at least 14 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SpeedRoo said:

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story now.

:Mic Drop:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

I'm not talking about the 'Sanction 2' cars. Not the same thing at all.

I'm talking about the active buying-in, in-house restoring, then selling-on as 'Factory Refurbished' cars (with a one year warranty) which Aston Martin Works Service were carrying out since at least the late 1970s, if not earlier. It was done because there was a demand for it, and the will to do it.

Five or six years? I've brought up the point here on this forum several times in the past, and have brought up the Aston Martin Works Service example (amongst others) in relation to the 'VZ' cars at least 14 years ago.

You seem to be living in an alternate reality, Aston Martin never bought in cars and sold them as factory refurbished. It's only in the last five or six years it has happened as that is when the works service side of the operation became licensed to sell cars. Best to stick to what you know Alan rather than spouting mistruths about stuff you know nothing of. I speak from experience as the former Director of Service has been quite a good friend since the 1980's and provided me unlimited access to the records. A lot of the information is in the books I have written on Aston Martin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SpeedRoo said:

You seem to be living in an alternate reality, Aston Martin never bought in cars and sold them as factory refurbished. It's only in the last five or six years it has happened as that is when the works service side of the operation became licensed to sell cars. Best to stick to what you know Alan rather than spouting mistruths about stuff you know nothing of. I speak from experience as the former Director of Service has been quite a good friend since the 1980's and provided me unlimited access to the records. A lot of the information is in the books I have written on Aston Martin.

The last five or six years? So when I was posting about Aston Martin Works Service's past and continuing activities on this forum - with relation to the claim of the 'VZ' program being "unique" - more than ten years ago, I was predicting the future? I'll add that to my CV.

No, I was stating a fact. The "alternate reality" is the one where the 'VZ' program is "unique in automotive history". Pure fantasy or just more USA-bubble type introspection, you choose. It's the same as the 'conversation' on BaT where nobody is allowed to mention the 432 or 432-R, but mention of the Toyota 2000GT, Honda NSX and even Mazda Miata is just fine and dandy. Deluded.

Aston Martin Works Service - just the same as any other UK-based business - do not need any 'license' to sell cars. Especially what are - essentially, just like the 'VZ' program cars - refurbished used cars with their original identities intact. Some people here will no doubt believe you, but it simply isn't true. What 'license', and issued by whom? Nonsense. 

Noted that we appear to be on first name terms now. Presumptuous of you. Apparently you still call yourself 'Roo', as you did when you asked me to give you data on the 432R. If you had introduced yourself with a feasible and believable name I might have considered it. I think my spidey senses were right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a manufacturer they did have a business license to sell vehicles to the public as a motor vehicle trader. At no time before 2014 did Aston Martin buy and refurbish cars to sell back to the public. They happily restored a car for customers though. I had a continuing conversation with the managing director about buying cars, restoring them and selling them off their own forecourt at Newport Pagnell which is what they have ended up doing, once they became a separate commercial entity from the factory. Have to say I would believe the MD on any Aston Martin matter before I would listen to your drivel again Alan.

Have been called Roo for over 20 years, many people know me by that name in various walks of life...they seem to think its feasible and believable. Had no trouble getting the data on the 432R I was looking for, many generous knowledgeable people were happy to share the information, just as I happily do with my Aston Martin knowledge. The only dubious character I have come across in the "Z" world is yourself.

Roo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.