IGNORED

Differential fluid

A 1/2 inch socket drive fits.  I've found that the wobble type get a better bite.  The straight ones slip out easily.

Run a torch flame around the plug to expand the hole.  It's a taper fit, that's why it sticks out like that, and Nissan used a powerful sealant.  

image.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Oops.  I use a big adjustable wrench, aka Crescent wrench.
image.png.5e9eb5ba607856d4d2ac92a5eaf19d1a.png

Yup, that’s how I did mine. Wrench on and two or three moderately hard hits with a 2.5lb hammer and she spun like a ballerina!

A 1 inch piece of flat stock about 10 inches long with a 1/2 inch bar stock piece welded to the end. The I/2 piece was measured to allow it to just fit between the mustache bar and the diff for a normal cover. You can also just weld the short piece of 1/2 bar stock to 10 inches of 1/2 stock. The extra capacity cover has a side filler and is somewhat easier to get at with a 1/2 inch extension. 

• Like 1