Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just picked up a 72 this past weekend and i'm looking forward to tinkering.  Matching #s, 1 owner, original plates, and a ton of history.  It sat for almost 10 years and only being a block from the ocean means some surface rust in most places (see engine bay).   Only 1 spot of significant rust I could find so far (tail end of the passenger side rail).  Still runs, drives, and more importantly brakes!   The previous owner also did a glass out paint job and redid the interior in 08 (I think they might have gone darker than the original blue and i think the seats and door panels aren't original (no buttons on seat and no strip along the top).  

Random question.  The air filter housing is light blue.  most of the ones I see are orange but this one has all the factory stickers on it.  Is it original?   

 

20190608_120205_HDR.jpg

20190608_120215_HDR.jpg

20190608_155429.jpg

20190506_113949_resized.jpg

20190508_110821_resized_2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful car!

It seems the blue was the colour of parts-department supplied housings however some very early Z's sported the blue colour in some Nissan documentation

 

This may be HLS30-00003 from July 1969.

 

Early 240z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum,  she is a beauty and my favorite colour combo. The white is a buggar to keep clean but it looks so sharp, I think your door cards are custom covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Beautiful car!

It seems the blue was the colour of parts-department supplied housings however some very early Z's sported the blue colour in some Nissan documentation

 

This may be HLS30-00003 from July 1969.

 

Early 240z.jpg

Ah, interesting.  Looks like that early one doesnt have the summer/winter valve on the top portion. 

48 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Welcome to the forum,  she is a beauty and my favorite colour combo. The white is a buggar to keep clean but it looks so sharp, I think your door cards are custom covered.

The white was definitely NOT my first choice but this was by far the cleanest 240  I could find on the west coast/southwest that wasnt asking a huge amount of money.   I figured they were since they were missing the metal buttons on the seats and that horizontal strip that goes across the door panels.  I'm loving the blue though.  I still don't think its factory.  When it isnt in the sun, it looks like a very dark blue. 

8 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Welcome to the group.  That is indeed a super sharp looking car - great find for you.

Thanks! Pretty stoked on the paperwork.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, research monkey said:

Ah, interesting.  Looks like that early one doesnt have the summer/winter valve on the top portion.

Nissan kept the improvements coming at all times. You will see many changes over the 240z's 3 years, and most were not aligned with a new model year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, research monkey said:

I'm loving the blue though.  I still don't think its factory.

It could be Nissan code 115 or code 307,  it could be anything of course but it sure looks like 307 to my eye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Nissan kept the improvements coming at all times. You will see many changes over the 240z's 3 years, and most were not aligned with a new model year.

Nice, i bet those series one folks have such a bitch of a time restoring one correctly. 

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

It could be Nissan code 115 or code 307,  it could be anything of course but it sure looks like 307 to my eye.

I was hoping it was a factory color.  Here is the car in the garage with no sunlight.  Looks really really dark blue.  To compare, the motorcycle on the right is painted "yamaha blue" (look at any recent blue sportbike) 

20190608_163028_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful car!!

So glad you have joined the crew and look forward to many interesting posts from you in your ownership of this gem.

Magnificent paperwork! You've got a real keeper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.