IGNORED

Random Misfire while cruising

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

You say no one in Panama can work on the L motor.

How/who put that Schneider cam in? As I recall it came from Ebay crook California Datsun with a "Far 311" cam. Please correct me if I'm confused. Very often occurence with me. LOL

Schneider cam installed here. Is there anyway i can replace the valve seal in that cyl without talking the head off?

Try googling "cylinder head rebuild service" in your country. They are very common in the States. They would make it like new for cheaper than buying another one. Actually if you find one close by they could fix yours without removing it, possibly? I would think there's a way they could test your questions on bad seals or guides etc. maybe just by pulling the valve cover off and visually looking around. If you have a damaged seal someone with experience could tell by viewing it.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:17 PM, siteunseen said:

You say no one in Panama can work on the L motor.

How/who put that Schneider cam in? As I recall it came from Ebay crook California Datsun with a "Far 311" cam. Please correct me if I'm confused. Very often occurence with me. LOL

Schneider cam installed here. Is there anyway i can replace the valve seal in that cyl without talking the head off? 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, siteunseen said:

Try googling "cylinder head rebuild service" in your country. They are very common in the States. They would make it like new for cheaper than buying another one. Actually if you find one close by they could fix yours without removing it, possibly? I would think there's a way they could test your questions on bad seals or guides etc. maybe just by pulling the valve cover off and visually looking around. If you have a damaged seal someone with experience could tell by viewing it.

Yes i guess they could check on the valve seal of that cylinder before i can spend money on changing valves, valve seals and guide.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:55 AM, siteunseen said:

What about the PCV valve? Could the valve be stucked and the cause of the fouling of that 4th plug? 

On 10/24/2020 at 9:54 AM, Mark Maras said:

New valve seals and checking guide wear would be my next step. It's possible the #4 seal was damaged when it was installed.

Just got an email from California Datsun. Company argues that such head is perfect and it should not have any problems at all. My problem is either electrical o fuel delivery? I already did the electrical test as you advised and i see small blue spark, whats left then before i open the valve cam cover? 

29 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Just got an email from California Datsun. Company argues that such head is perfect and it should not have any problems at all. 

Sounds like gas-lighting to me.

I'd pull the valve cover and look carefully at the valve seals. A good light should help when looking between the spring coils. Compare #4 with the rest and see if you can see any difference between them. I'd be looking for a torn or distorted  top of a valve seal or one that may not be pushed down all the way.

• Like 1

Sounds like gas-lighting to me.

I'd pull the valve cover and look carefully at the valve seals. A good light should help when looking between the spring coils. Compare #4 with the rest and see if you can see any difference between them. I'd be looking for a torn or distorted  top of a valve seal or one that may not be pushed down all the way.

Totally agree with Mark, California man is trying to blow you off with a vanilla response / Jedi mind tricks. Did you tell him the other plugs are OK and you’ve checked the electrical system? If he knows that then he is purposefully missing the point. A decent supplier would have at least recommended some further tests.

I would do what Mark suggested and if you have a decent phone with a decent camera on it, it may be easier to see what you have by taking pics and zooming in. I often find my iPhone 11’s camera is able to see much more detail in dark / tight places on the car than I can with a naked eye.

Also, should you find something wrong, you can send photos to the Cali-man.