IGNORED

Zcargarage Big Brake Kit

5 hours ago, Jason240z said:

Do you know why they went trailing caliper, then leading for the rear? Is that a sticker on the caliper? Do you have to run a second caliper at the rear for parking or is it built in like the classic vw design?

With the calipers they went with, if it was rear trailing it would hit the strut tube. So I’m guessing they were forced to pick forward. Parking brake Caliper goes on the top. For now it’s a wilwood. It’s been a long time since I installed something that was this easy and thought out. 

04B0B691-E8A2-4D61-BADE-65B02B1BBE4B.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jason240z said:

I'd put money that they're off the shelf calipers, otherwise could you imagine the costs involved?

That may be so but I imagine Stoptech has very big shelves .

1 hour ago, rturbo 930 said:

Can you reveal what the cost of this kit will be?

About 3 months ago I was quoted $3000 for all 4 corners and $350 for the parking brake calipers and adapters.  I didn't have the cash then but maybe when I sell one of my toys,  will be very interested to hear what Duffy has to say when he gets his car on the road.

• Like 1

Okay, as nice as it is, I don't think I can justify $3000 for a what amounts to a very nice, and by all means excellent, but fairly simple brake kit. Would like to see some more details of what Jason240Z has come up with, and what it cost him. 

I can’t say a price. But I will say it’s the most expensive on the market. But it’s the only one on the market that will clear 15’s. 

Honestly I have 3k carbs. I should have the safest/best brakes I can. Brakes and judgement are about the only safety options are z’s have. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

Okay, as nice as it is, I don't think I can justify $3000 for a what amounts to a very nice, and by all means excellent, but fairly simple brake kit. Would like to see some more details of what Jason240Z has come up with, and what it cost him. 

Well under half that, larger discs, fit under 14's ?

Edited by Jason240z