IGNORED

1970 Franklin Mint 240Z up for Auction on BaT

On 6/3/2019 at 2:36 AM, HS30-H said:

I rather suspect that you just ate Grandma.

Thanks Alan , it took several hours to understand what you said . Now I found punctuation is important for sentences. 

I found this ,  “ a giant panda eats, shoots and leaves “ . This could be meant “ a giant panda with a gun ran into a restaurant and ... “ 

Anyway I just looked at the two Vintage Z cars at the auction floor . I didn’t bid for them . I don’t have money nor room for another Z without selling my cars .

I have heard a buyer of the Vintage Z complained about the car to the auction organizer after the bid .Still got troubled . I don’t know what is the problem . I guess the car’s condition is not sufficient for the buyer . If I were the buyer , I would have avoided bidding.Or made a bid knowing what I am going to buy .   I feel sorry for the two cars , they had not been taken care from the owner . People got excited about “ a barn find “ , but I think they should not have been in that condition.

So , six digits is much suitable for this HLS30-02545 . I hope this car finds a new good home . 

Kats

• Like 1

This is the late, and very missed, Paul Taylor's car. It was my shop that brought it up to 295 points and serviced it for many years. Very fond memories of convoying to Z car shows with Paul and lovely wife Sandy.  Seeing all the crap going down on that site depresses me to no end

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kats said:

Thanks Alan , it took several hours to understand what you said . Now I found punctuation is important for sentences. 

I found this ,  “ a giant panda eats, shoots and leaves “ . This could be meant “ a giant panda with a gun ran into a restaurant and ... “ 

Kats, he's referring to a funny joke in the English language.  It goes like this:

Let's eat Grandma

Let's eat, Grandma

* Commas save lives

Screenshot 2019-06-05 07.51.50.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

The Franklin Mint 240Z sold for $124,240.00!

madness isn't it.  A complete random blip on values though. 

I thought it was sweet how the regular bidders on that sellers cars were bidding against each other.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 8:50 PM, zspert said:

This is the late, and very missed, Paul Taylor's car. It was my shop that brought it up to 295 points and serviced it for many years. Very fond memories of convoying to Z car shows with Paul and lovely wife Sandy.  Seeing all the crap going down on that site depresses me to no end

Mike , I am with you . Thanks for telling me the story when I visited your shop last month. We know you are the best in the world . It is a Z heaven. Many gold medallion cars have been taken care of by you . 

Kats

• Like 1