IGNORED

Blower Motor Upgrade - Not a Honda

jfa.series1

• 4 weeks later...

I just did the upgrade several days ago with the kia  blower motor very nice works much better. I used a drill with  a grinding stone and ground down about 1/8" all the way around the opening. I removed the glove box also before grinding . I also changed all the vent hoses / heater hoses at the same time . took about 1 -1/2 hours . great upgrade thanks

• 6 months later...
On 6/3/2019 at 11:41 PM, kully 560 said:

I just did the upgrade several days ago with the kia  blower motor very nice works much better. I used a drill with  a grinding stone and ground down about 1/8" all the way around the opening. I removed the glove box also before grinding . I also changed all the vent hoses / heater hoses at the same time . took about 1 -1/2 hours . great upgrade thanks

Did you buy OEM replacement hoses or an alternative?

5 hours ago, arcdef said:

Hi All,

Can you confirm if this is the right motor? We didnt get the 1999 model in the UK and this looks the same except it has some kind of hose coming off the back also?

Ebay

Thanks!

Difficult to confirm it is the same - it is similar as you suggest.  In the seller's 3rd pic you can spot the electrical plug location at about 12 o'clock.  Go back to my pics and you can see a raised shape/cover about the same location as the tube that may have been to provide air circulation around the body of the motor.  The OE motor has air vents at the back of the metal housing, none visible in the plastic housing of the Kia item.