IGNORED

'72 240Z on BaT Already at $45k with 6 More Days to Go!

lonetreesteve

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

@Grubb240Z 

Looks like your's.?

Well, it does bear some resemblance, but I wish ours was closer to this one, condition-wise. It is white on red and has louvers on the back - I'll give you that.

Trying to get closer to that one day by day. New wheels and rubber probably coming soon, so that'll help. 

Cheers

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

The high bidder perhaps?? I do not have an Instagram account but just googled the name. Looks like a good possibility though. "Three Pedal Collective"

http://picdeer.com/threepedalcollective

Good detective work, Terrapin!   I recently subscribed to Instagram about a month ago, but I haven't posted anything yet. Right now I just follow family, friends, ski areas where I go and classic cars, etc.  ThreePedalCollective is a character, he calls his cars sh**t  boxes,  even his very expensive Porsche 911s, etc.   

Edited by lonetreesteve
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Good detective work, Terrapin!   I recently subscribed to Instagram about a month ago, but I haven't posted anything yet. Right now I just follow family, friends, ski areas where I go and classic cars, etc.  ThreePedalCollective is a character, he calls his cars sh**t  boxes,  even his very expensive Porsche 911s, etc.   

Eclectic tastes and active buying, that’s for sure!

• Like 1

Hey guys. I have absolutely no problem with where the white Z is going, beauty. But does anyone else think we're starting to get out over our skis based on where the orange listing is going? Paint bad, lots of custom stuff to undo, riveted siding, CB removal, etc. Or tell me if I'm missing something.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-82/

10 minutes ago, Geoff's 240z said:

tell me if I'm missing something

Yeah your missing the fact that such a car is a bargain .. over here a rustbucket with warn out mechanic's is 15000 euro...   WAKE UP U.S.A. !!!!  :omg:

The fact that these cars were mostly sold in de States let you think it's a cheap item... (Most have rusted away and everyone wants one..)

These cars were 3-4 times more expensive overhere (Europe) than a Ford Taunus (yeah that's what they are called overhere with a 1300 or 1600cc v4 engine.. (overhere midclass) )  

offcourse we got the 5 speed standard in a 240z but still ..

Little boy's who walk aside of mom and say: Mom look!!  What a nice car!!  And also i've seen cyclists looking over their shoulder and run into a street light pole!  i was LMFAO.... !!!

• Like 2

On 4/3/2019 at 5:23 PM, siteunseen said:

Something in your/our future we'd all like to see. Hopefully we'll have that sort of appreciation for our Zs. Good to hear from you. Trevor is still enjoying his classic ride I'm sure? Cliff 

Yes, Trevor is still loving the car. Took a half day recently to go up in the hills just to take photos of it :)

Right now I'm most concerned with some minor electrical issues (turn signal not working and no horn) and WATER issues. I took out several CUPS of water pooled on the floor a couple of weeks ago during our weeks of rain. The car won't stand for that very long. I sold a trailer last week that will allow me to start putting the Z in the garage, and we have started installation on a full kit of weather stripping. So far, installed both door strips. Next, door window "wiper" trim to keep water out of doors, and the rear hatch trim. Day by day...

This coming year, Trevor will be heading off to college and won't be taking the Z with him. Then it will finally be out of daily use mode, and I can more easily work on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grubb240Z said:

Yes, Trevor is still loving the car. Took a half day recently to go up in the hills just to take photos of it ?

Right now I'm most concerned with some minor electrical issues (turn signal not working and no horn) and WATER issues. I took out several CUPS of water pooled on the floor a couple of weeks ago during our weeks of rain. The car won't stand for that very long. I sold a trailer last week that will allow me to start putting the Z in the garage, and we have started installation on a full kit of weather stripping. So far, installed both door strips. Next, door window "wiper" trim to keep water out of doors, and the rear hatch trim. Day by day...

This coming year, Trevor will be heading off to college and won't be taking the Z with him. Then it will finally be out of daily use mode, and I can more easily work on it.

Be sure the cowl is water tight and the cowl drains intact