IGNORED

Picking up a 1977 280z 6 Hours Away. Tips?

BayAreaZ650

16 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I thought it was passengers rear, the farthest from the m/c? I've been doing it wrong! Not a big deal though, it stops. :beer:

Hey Cliff, it's deceptive, the rear brake line on the driver side is actually longer than the passenger side....     who knew :cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I thought it was passengers rear, the farthest from the m/c? I've been doing it wrong! Not a big deal though, it stops. :beer:

Me too - for over 50 years.  I guess I'm lucky to still be alive.

Dennis

• Like 2

Yesterday I was able to finish putting in the resurfaced drum rotors and brake shoes. Today I'll be doing the front brakes.

My turn signal and headlight/windshield wiper combo aren't working. Where would be a good place to check it out? I bought electrical cleaner yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I did some work on the Z today. I replaced the fuel filter, transmission fluid.

I need to replace the fuel injector because I have one that is not firing. Should I replace all 6 or just the one not working? Is it okay to buy a re-manufactured injector?

Do you guys advise buying this set: https://www.ebay.com/p/Set-of-Six-Factory-Reman-Nissan-OEM-Injectors-1975-83-280z-ZX-2-8l-Non-Turbo/24013354735?iid=201509531117&chn=ps

It would be smart to replace all 6 as a matched set unless the budget does not allow it.  To get to one, you have access to all at that time.  Renews all the seals & the short fuel lines.

The Ebay set looks good to me, price wise and they are Nissan.   My 2 cents.

10 hours ago, BayAreaZ650 said:

Hi guys,

I did some work on the Z today. I replaced the fuel filter, transmission fluid.

I need to replace the fuel injector because I have one that is not firing. Should I replace all 6 or just the one not working? Is it okay to buy a re-manufactured injector?

Do you guys advise buying this set: https://www.ebay.com/p/Set-of-Six-Factory-Reman-Nissan-OEM-Injectors-1975-83-280z-ZX-2-8l-Non-Turbo/24013354735?iid=201509531117&chn=ps

are you sure its the injector and not the wire connection to the injector? They often become corroded and you end up with poor contact of the pins. I don't know exactly what is done to refurbish injectors, they don't look to be rebuildable other than replacing the small filter screen and plastic cap on the tip. There are places that offer cleaning services if its just a matter of improving the flow.

• Like 1