IGNORED

Picked up a couple of hard to find parts recently

JLPurcell

On 5/23/2019 at 11:37 PM, Mike said:

Where'd you find this?  I'm looking for one..  ?

I was looking hard due to stall problems on my car. Found this, I believe out of Japan, this last year, but over the winter found and fixed my stall problem. 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:37 PM, Mike said:

Where'd you find this?  I'm looking for one..  ?

HS30-H gave me the following information when he saw this post. 

"17033-E4200 is the stock 432/432-R pump mount bracket. Nice find! I have one on my 432-R replica.

Does it have the original type Jidosha Kiki KK pump too?" And yes the pump is a kidosha Kiki pump. JLP

6 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

I was looking hard due to stall problems on my car. Found this, I believe out of Japan, this last year, but over the winter found and fixed my stall problem. 

Any hints on where I should look for a source in Japan?  Kats sent me some links for other stuff in Yahoo auctions, but, I couldn't find anything on this pump bracket..

51 minutes ago, Mike said:

Any hints on where I should look for a source in Japan?  Kats sent me some links for other stuff in Yahoo auctions, but, I couldn't find anything on this pump bracket..

Buyee yahoo japan

@Mike

As for the pump, I actually purchased a NISMO unit on Ebay for the reasonable (?) price of ~$120 at the time.

Seems now they've gone up a little---

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-NISMO-High-Flow-Volume-Fuel-Pump-Universal-17010-A7601/192911304386?hash=item2cea68e6c2:g:h9QAAOSwighZg0vC

Picture 1 of 3

The bracket as shown in the posts above---- I don't know where to source----- but the pump bracket installed on 73 240z cars will correctly mount this Nismo pump, the Jidosha Kiki or the Mitsuba pump.

The Mitsuba FP3 pump was my first choice as it was the version originally installed on my 73. I later enlisted HS30-H (Alan) to help me obtain a Mitsuba clone from a British website, as the seller would not ship to the USA. I wish to thank him again for his generous assistance as middle-man!

I might also mention that all of these pumps perform well, but are pretty loud in operation, as the bracket mounting transmits a good deal of sound to the chassis and therefor to the passenger cabin. Additional rubber cushioning of the bracket helps to isolate the vibrations from the pump..

Just an interesting side story… if you are not concerned with Date Correct or cosmetics - and just need to replace the OEM pump on Daily Driver:

Back in the 60’s that was a Carter Fuel Pump, then sold as a Purolator and today as a Facet. They originally had a set of points and today the newer Facets are solid state. (single wire)

The OEM Part No. 477060E for the 2.75 to 4.0 psi/34 gah

NAPA - $188.00
NISMO on eBay $131.99 +$14.95 shipping
Amazon $122.88
Aircraftspruce.com $78.75

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, JLPurcell said:

This is another interesting NOS part that I recently acquired. Electric Fuel Pump upgrade. 

IMG_2381.JPGIMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

Hi Jerry,  you got nice parts , I am impressed with your effort. 

Here is an old thread about the fuel pump bracket, if you might be interested in .

And a small correction if I may , your photo  shows the pump installed up side down . 

The bracket can be purchased at Revive Jalopy , they replicate it just like an original . I am using the replica on my Z432 , keeping an original for my LHD Z432 project. The parts number almost gone , due to aging .

Kats

On 6/28/2008 at 4:24 PM, kats said:

Hi everyone,

Did you find my Z432 does not have original vacuum system? It is later type. See the picture,the periodically correct original has tall and hexagonal hat, the sticker "H" means use for High octane gas.

I am going to install this today.

Also the bracket for the electrical fuel pump, my Z432's bracket is cut away of lower guard panel I do not know why. Maybe previous owner thought this makes easier to replace the fuel filter.

Amazing,this bracket is not supplied from Nissan(of cource it is NLA),this is a reproduction by Mr.Nishi. This is a hand made,please see this perfect shape and high quality.

The part number is 17033-E4200.

kats

post-3193-14150803677264_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803678244_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415080367873_thumb.jpg

post-3193-1415080367917_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803679485_thumb.jpg

post-3193-14150803680034_thumb.jpg

62721FEC-CBC3-4A22-9F49-270950F13660.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kats said:

Hi Jerry,  you got nice parts , I am impressed with your effort. 

Here is an old thread about the fuel pump bracket, if you might be interested in .

And a small correction if I may , your photo  shows the pump installed up side down . 

The bracket can be purchased at Revive Jalopy , they replicate it just like an original . I am using the replica on my Z432 , keeping an original for my LHD Z432 project. The parts number almost gone , due to aging .

Kats

62721FEC-CBC3-4A22-9F49-270950F13660.jpeg

Thanks Kats, Mike is looking for the bracket. I am sure that he will pick up on this post. Thanks for the information I guess I just thought it made sense that the removal cap would be at the top for access. After a little research I found that I sourced the two parts (pump/bracket) separately. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kats said:

Kats

Just saw this...  Kats, any chance you can send me contact info for the bracket?  I found something on Facebook but not sure if it's the same company or not..

Thanks for all your help.  You've renewed my passion for my own car since I drove your Z432 in Kyoto..  ?  

Mike

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...