IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

4 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

In our state WAshington it could have titled as either depending on the date of sale.

It really did not depend on the Date of Sale. It depended upon the Selling Dealer who took the Manufacturers Statement of Origin (MSO) to the local DMV and filled out the paper work to request the first registration to create the first Vehicle Title. So we have lots of 240Z's registered as either 1970 or 1971 overlapping within 6 or more months.

9 hours ago, z8987 said:

I'm going to clean the fuel lines with carb cleaner, and I ordered a new inline fuel filter. I should have ordered a couple now that I think of it.  now the I know the car runs I'm willing to tear into it further.  I think I'll pull the carbs off for cleaning and start replacing all the hoses. 

Be careful to keep the same pistons in the same carb. body - they wear in differently. 

5 hours ago, z8987 said:

It's possible that my car is the first automatic. 

So far as we have found - with a couple of exceptions -  the Datsun 240Z’s with VIN’s between HLS30 8944 and HLS30 9603 with DOM's of 08/70 - have been A/T equipped. The earliest reported was HLS30 07963 07/70. 

I got my tank back today. I asked them not to paint it, but they painted it. I was going to por15 it. Now I have just one vent, facing the right way.  I also had them line, that's the picture of the inside. I've never seen this done before.  I really wanted to do the por on it, and now I need to clean it up.  I was thinking about taking it to a place that does powder coating, and having it sand blasted and then doing the POR on it.   should I just have it powder coated.  Ideas? 

01d8abdd9f238b5a4a3e83f61d732902d38a799b1d.jpg

0115a3b3c9fa6bd3f9283afe0c365fa052b5ee732f.jpg