IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

Ospho is an acid and you shouldn't be inhaling it. I normally do that kind of stuff outside but I don't normally wear a respirator. As long as you can't really smell it you should be good. Of course I could be wrong...

I took my radiator in to have it boiled today. The guy said he thought it had been re-cored, or repaired.  It has three rows of fins, my understanding is the original had two rows?  Here's a few pictures 

0149177ed1bdd65c78188f920539d13c79fe1c0032.jpg017ce93fcb6ecf7b5738c370338ca275a3b8cc07f2.jpg01a029f0d024ff5dadcac4ef7a7d39b67e05858d5f.jpg

• Like 1

When you were talking about the radiator earlier, I almost chimed in to say you could keep the stock look and just go to a three row radiator core if cooling is an issue. Evidently that has already happened. You shouldn't have cooling issues, at least due to the available cooling area...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, z8987 said:

I took my radiator in to have it boiled today. The guy said he thought it had been re-cored, or repaired.  It has three rows of fins, my understanding is the original had two rows?  Here's a few pictures 

0149177ed1bdd65c78188f920539d13c79fe1c0032.jpg017ce93fcb6ecf7b5738c370338ca275a3b8cc07f2.jpg01a029f0d024ff5dadcac4ef7a7d39b67e05858d5f.jpg

Cars fitted with AC usually had 3 row radiators . The stock radiators flow really well.

2 hours ago, madkaw said:

Cars fitted with AC usually had 3 row radiators . The stock radiators flow really well.

My car had the dealer-installed A/C when I bought it new, the original 2-row was in place.  It did not hold up well and after several repairs I had it re-cored with a three row, still in the car today.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patcon said:

When you were talking about the radiator earlier, I almost chimed in to say you could keep the stock look and just go to a three row radiator core if cooling is an issue. Evidently that has already happened. You shouldn't have cooling issues, at least due to the available cooling area...

Any idea if  this is stock? Is the top and bottom stock? If it’s bad I might replace the core with aluminum and keep the rest original? Thoughts? 

In in the process of replacing my heater hoses. The grommets on the firewall are bad, any idea where I can get replacements? 

This photo shows the fit of my tank with the original long strap. It’s pretty tight. My tank may have expanded during the boiling, any ideas how to make this fit? 

0D7E7B0E-03DF-401C-8EC8-20B5B900B750.jpeg

44 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Your tanks and frame are stock.  The lower tank shows the radiator came out of an automatic transmission car.

Your grommets are here: https://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4842851

And... I have a set of Nissan NOS grommets for $30 if you are interested.

I don't know what "NOS Grommets" are, but I think I'm interested.  

3 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

“new old stock”

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

I also don't know what they are for. Are they the grommets I need, plus some, or just the ones I need?  Sorry, I'm new to this.