IGNORED

Three 240Zs Sell at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale for Big Money

lonetreesteve

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I am a little surprised the LS car brought so much. In the past the strictly original has seemed to bring the premium.

Yeah, that was interesting, but that car wasn't just another run of the mill LS engine swap, someone built that car as a custom, it looked well planned.  Nice to see that recognition.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Yeah, that was interesting, but that car wasn't just another run of the mill LS engine swap, someone built that car as a custom, it looked well planned.  Nice to see that recognition.

I agree, it was well executed. Just a little surprising for a hybrid car

16 hours ago, grannyknot said:

53 minutes ago, kunzma said:

Well thought out and executed resto-mods are bringing big money, no matter the manufacturer, this year at Barret Jackson.

At $67,100 including the buyer commission, that is the highest amount that I have ever seen for a resto-mod 240Z. 

227274_Engine_Web.jpg

227274_Interior_Web.jpg

1 minute ago, 240260280 said:

$67,100 USD = 1bazillion $CAD ?

Yes, a  Lot of Money!    The other 2 cars weren't chopped liver with the '71 240Z (with the incorrect Z wheel covers) going for $55,000.00 and the '73 240Z going for $40,700.00, both with the buyer commissions included. As Charles mentioned earlier, in the past, the more original 240Zs have sold for the higher prices, but the quality-built resto-mods seem to be the trend right now.

• Like 1

Yes, a  Lot of Money!    The other 2 cars weren't chopped liver with the '71 240Z (with the incorrect Z wheel covers) going for $55,000.00 and the '73 240Z going for $40,700.00, both with the buyer commissions included. As Charles mentioned earlier, in the past, the more original 240Zs have sold for the higher prices, but the quality-built resto-mods seem to be the trend right now.
Restomods of all types are very popular with the Barrett Jackson crowd. I was there yesterday and could only find the white car. The others might have been moved offsite already but then again that place is huge so they could have been somewhere I missed.20190119_123327.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2