IGNORED

77 at Copart

Patcon

2 minutes ago, wheee! said:

$18,000 value haha!!

Still, lots of good parts!

The value is based on the current market value with out the damage. The car probably wasn't quite there but not a total miss either. It's a shame it isn't a little earlier for your door cards. I figured the "Emporium" needed to restock after your shopping sprees! LOL

The value is based on the current market value with out the damage. The car probably wasn't quite there but not a total miss either. It's a shame it isn't a little earlier for your door cards. I figured the "Emporium" needed to restock after your shopping sprees! LOL

The emporium has multiple levels and rooms with labyrinthine catwalks stocked with mostly pre-75 pristine parts.... I don’t think there is a danger of the emporium running low for a while!

10 hours ago, grannyknot said:

That will teach him not to remove the diving board bumpers,   what do you think it will go for?

I don't really know. When Walter's car went through Copart a year or so ago it went to like $4k but it was a 240 and not nearly as badly hit. I would be surprised if it brought 10% of the advertised ACV because it's a 280z. Usually cars tend to bring about 30% of a reasonable fair market value. If you said the car was worth 8k that would be what, like $2,400. The car is a total loss and not getting repaired like many of these cars do. So that makes it a parts car; so I think $2400 is way too high. I will watch it. I would think being in Canada should make it cheaper too, less competition. WAG would be $1,000 or so. It's not "pure sale" so the seller might have unreasonable expectations. If you end up being the high bidder there is nothing wrong with not negotiating on their counter offers and sticking with your initial bid. I have done this many times on the same car. Eventually they figure out it's not going to bring what they want. Keep in mind the additional fees for the total price!

• Like 1

I have a friend going to look at it Monday. If it is decent, we will pick it up if the price is still reasonable and part it out between our two builds and sell the remainder to others interested in parts. Hate to see this get crushed and there is really no chance of it being restored with out a chop job....

• Like 2

Bidding is at $1250 already and the car is worth about that. The dashpad is cracked, the quarters are bondo'd, stock running gear and unknown engine condition. Roof, doors and hatch look good and wheels and tires are ok. Interior is filthy but seats are okay. Frame (body) is twisted and the front end is a goner. Not worth $1500 in my opinion. No value left to either make a profit or make it worthwhile.