ROBERTWILLIAM

1971 Datsun Z-Series

Snagged the photos...  This car looks like it will be a big project.  Rust everywhere and it doesn't appear to be running.  Seller admits he has no title and he can get one for $400.  If you're thinking about buying, I would ask the seller to obtain a title before the auction is completed.  I have to ask, why doesn't the seller obtain get the title now?   Anyway, it does have a good amount of parts on it, if you're thinking about a parts car.  However, the starting price for a parts car is on the high side.  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (19).jpg

s-l1600 (18).jpg

s-l1600 (17).jpg

s-l1600 (16).jpg

s-l1600 (15).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (14).jpg

Man, that's a rusty car for Arizona!! Front frames rails are toast!

• Like 2

I saw this one too, I thought it looked like it had been in a flood. Submersed in water at some point, lots of silt in there. That frame repair is creative to say the least. 

I picked up a flood car once, but it was free. It had some good parts on it still. 1973 with an N42 /F54, early 4 screw carbs, header, deep slot mags, glass etc.

It was so buried in the sticker bushes they guy who bought the property didn't even know it was there at first. He bought the property via an auction in the Northwest, a bit wetter here than AZ. 

The only pics I have of the car are from when after he cut it out of the bushes at pick up time.. He did send me one of it buried, but I can't find that one now. 

240z 70's 2.jpg

240z 70's CL.jpg

Edited by Terrapin Z
Details
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Poor old thing.

Anyone can fall on hard times, possibly losing your property, and your cars, (there was a VW Rabbit in the barn as well). Sad, that it happens to anybody, but circumstances can be out of our control. Health, crime, personal events, whatever.

I'm thinking it was hit in the rear, parked, and then left there, a flood came, eventually some monetary event wiped the guy out. He had to forfeit. The car and property went to the action buyer, who had no interest in the cars. He offered it up for free. He told me the only reason he gave it to me, was I responded politely, with my name. It is one of the lost now. (After reading the "how many left thread") Poor old thing indeed, I am just glad the auction winner did not send it right to the junk yard to get flattened. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

I'm thinking it was hit in the rear, parked, and then left there, a flood came, eventually some monetary event wiped the guy out. He had to forfeit. The car and property went to the action buyer, who had no interest in the cars. He offered it up for free. He told me the only reason he gave it to me, was I responded politely, with my name. It is one of the lost now. (After reading the "how many left thread") Poor old thing indeed, I am just glad the auction winner did not send it right to the junk yard to get flattened. 

It does look like it had an "OUCH" moment, but, hey, it RAN when parked.... At least @Diseazd can mark this one off as a 'non-survivor'....

41 minutes ago, wal280z said:

At least @Diseazd can mark this one off as a 'non-survivor'....

It was known as HLS30-168939, If people are keeping records of the de-parted.

• Thanks 1