IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

Ivan @ VD said that they received the first batch of 280Z dashes from the manufacturer a few days ago and he's going through this batch to make sure that they all look OK.  Seems prudent!  He said that early next week he'll call back with status for getting them out to the first group of customers that placed orders.  I'm excited to hear that!  I'm also expecting to receive my reupholstered seats & door cards back from the shop next week.  Hopefully lots of things to put back together soon!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalJim said:

Ivan @ VD said that they received the first batch of 280Z dashes from the manufacturer a few days ago and he's going through this batch to make sure that they all look OK.  Seems prudent!  He said that early next week he'll call back with status for getting them out to the first group of customers that placed orders.  I'm excited to hear that!  I'm also expecting to receive my reupholstered seats & door cards back from the shop next week.  Hopefully lots of things to put back together soon!

great news!

On 6/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, Dave WM said:

your carpet looks nice too, where did you get that? Mine is in good shape but faded, I was thinking of just re dyeing it.

The middle console carpet is original. I think the others came from Motorsport. I would just dye yours if in good shape. Did that to another z and it worked great.

Edited by Frankenstein

I sincerely hope that all works out well with the 280 dashes,  ( I need one myself) however .... there is a big discrepancy in information  between post #68 and #74 in less than 24 hours.   Also, it seems to me that it would only take an hour or two to check some the the shipment and see if they are indeed acceptable to fulfill customer orders. 

indeed, two different sources I was only guessing about why there "may" be a need for refunding, was simply told a meeting was to take place and there may be a need to refund. Perhaps what ever the meeting was about had a positive outcome.

Every time I spoke to Hung, he came across as very sincere about getting a quality product (phone con, my preferred method of communication) I only resort to emails and other messaging when phone connections are hard to make.

I too am hoping for the #74 to be accurate.

One of my friends met with him at Monterey and talked about the 280 dashes and saw the prototype. Hung was very sincere and professional.
Other than their lack of a professional business website, they are legit.
I don’t do Facebook so I’m hoping to be able to pick up one of these dashes in the next year for sure.
I’m sure they will be shipping soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, SoCalJim said:

I facebook message Hung today about this (latest update from Ivan) will let you know when I hear back for a status (I assume you have not got an update).

just got off phone with Hung, they had a batch of 20 that just were not up to the quality standards. Should be getting some more in soon, he is frustrated with it clearly taking so long, but stuff happens, and hopefully will get some good ones on the next batch.

• Like 1