IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

I should have taken the picture specifically of the gap. There were 2 very small gaps. Many people wouldn’t worry about them, but there are perfectionists out there that would complain. I’m guessing stock dashes would have a little variation and could possibly have a similar gap. Either way, they are trying to get it as perfect as possible.

32 minutes ago, 72ZDave said:

I should have taken the picture specifically of the gap. There were 2 very small gaps. Many people wouldn’t worry about them, but there are perfectionists out there that would complain. I’m guessing stock dashes would have a little variation and could possibly have a similar gap. Either way, they are trying to get it as perfect as possible.

I commend them for that, rather wait and get as perfect as possible. I hope someday the Z after market is supported the way 60's American muscle is. You can practically build a brand new 1969 Camaro from the jegs catalog.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my dash 2 weeks ago and Hung shipped it that day for me via USPS.  USPS lost it for 4 days last week, but it delivered today.  Attached are pics of their Gen 2 dash.  I'm anxious to get it swapped out and in, but on vacation next week so may be a bit.  This dash I got from him was a blem and if you look close on passenger side above the glovebox you can see it.  Other than that it looks good.  If you want to see something close up, let me know. 

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

at the 6 week mark, I will try face book message again see if there is an update. will post what I find out.

Left a message on face book, looks like he has been traveling, again will post what I hear back.

Edited by Dave WM

face book message back to me, will be contacting mfgr again today. Said he might have to refund me if it takes any longer. I guess it will be based on whether or not the mfgr can give any assurance about being able to produce. That was not said but is just my guess.

Gave up on mine and got a refund. I did find an original non cracked that is still pliable and soft to the touch. Looks good and I am happy. That was bad business in their part not being ready to produce last year during the Black Friday sale.

24A1B5BF-8F63-4089-8E7E-7A56D966CFCF.jpeg

Edited by Frankenstein
Photos