IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

left a couple facebook messages, one on apr 24 and another just now. sent email today, tried calling Ivan, mail box was full.

Nice guys on the phone, I only wish they would put out updates to customers that have already paid. I can understand delays, if they are explained.

just got off the phone with Hung, 6-8 weeks out. the were having some problems with the mold, and want to work it out to have a quality product. Hopefully folks are purchasing to have them as a spare, and not already taken theirs off. I only have a single large crack so its not a big deal for me to wait. So will check back in 6-8 and let you all know where we are on this. I will not demount my existing until I have the replacement in hand. At that time I have to decide if it would be right to redo the entire AC. I have a brand new evap unit with a standard TVX, but mine is not leaking now so I don't know.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, Dave WM said:

I don't know why but my search could not find my orig thread. Anyway I was getting nervous about the status of the 280z dash by vintage dashes, was considering asking for a refund, but talked to Hung (he was ok with refunding) today and will stay in line for one of their 280z dashes. I was only thinking of refund since it was taking so long, and I have no history of dealing with vintage dashes before, but after talking to Hung it sounds like they are close. I am glad they are not rushing out a sub par product so its ok for the delay. I just think it would make everyone a bit more comfortable with a monthly update. I know its a brand new product and as such it can be a problem with knowing about scheduling of delivery. As promised I will keep the group posted on progress.

@Dave WM, here's where you can see all of your posts.  Maybe the old thread is in there somewhere?

https://www.classiczcars.com/profile/30811-dave-wm/content/?type=forums_topic&

Think I may have found your original post:

Would you like me to merge this one to it?

3 hours ago, Dave WM said:

just got off the phone with Hung, 6-8 weeks out. the were having some problems with the mold, and want to work it out to have a quality product. Hopefully folks are purchasing to have them as a spare, and not already taken theirs off. I only have a single large crack so its not a big deal for me to wait. So will check back in 6-8 and let you all know where we are on this. I will not demount my existing until I have the replacement in hand. At that time I have to decide if it would be right to redo the entire AC. I have a brand new evap unit with a standard TVX, but mine is not leaking now so I don't know.

My dash skeleton is sitting in my garage awaiting the new dash cover from VD.  Oh well, I have plenty of other projects on my Z to pass the time.

Ok, update. As I mentioned above, I hesitated to order my 240z dash as they didn’t seem to have much of an online business presence. I live in Arkansas and Hung is in NorCal. I ended up on a business trip out west and Facebook messaged Hung I wanted to come by to by a dash. He said that was fine, didn’t always communicate quickly, but did eventually respond. He said he was out of 240 dashes but did have a blem dash. I stopped by and talked to both guys and asked about the 280 restock and they say they continue to have quality issues and won’t sell them if they aren’t right. 6 weeks is a good estimate on them. I did look at the blem dash and bought it. Hung is shipping so I’ll advise when I receive it. I took a pic of the gauge cluster on their 280 test fit to show some of the gap issues they are having. Overall, I’m satisfied and think they are trying to do the right thing, they just don’t communicate well. The pallet is 240 dashes going to Europe. 92107650f0f9cd4d0c69d955f181bf30.jpgc3a5aa322c8160437c89d09ea304d808.jpge4ccd10c1ca972e83f99449b08af1ae2.jpg

• Like 1