IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

So I am one of the folks that posted about dashes for the 240z.  It was not my intention to highjack this thread.  My purpose was to gather some information on the credibility of the company.  Ivan and Hung both appear to be quite ethical.  They would not accept any payment, not even a deposit before they felt really confident that they would be able to fill the order.  I was impressed with this behavior.  They also appear to be very serious about the quality of their product. This is the type of vendor that we want to find.  To be honest I would also have to say that they do not make it easy on their customers or themselves.  Not having a website and not communicating clearly is definitely an issue.  Bottom line:  I think these gentlemen are honest, but may be victims of their own success.  My understanding was that they were to receive 280z dashes in the march timeframe, but I have no way to confirm that.

This will serve as an update regarding my progress with the 240z dash that I ordered.  After being told that one was available I sent them payment.  Shortly after that they shipped the product.  It is to be delivered next week (3/12/19).

I will start a 240z dash thread to document my entire experience from order to installation.  I am hopeful that the quality of the dash as well as the relatively reasonable price will justify the wait.

Best of luck with your 280z builds.

• Like 3

My comment was on 280z. They sent a preorder notice to people on this list for pre Black Friday sale as they were ready to start producing and the delivery time would be 6-8 weeks. That was 11/17/19. They said they were finally ready to start producing and here I am still waiting. I am sure it will be a great product, just not happy I have money floating when it now seems obvious they were not ready to produce. This isn’t Shark Tank while we figure out quality control issues.?

Edited by Frankenstein

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know why but my search could not find my orig thread. Anyway I was getting nervous about the status of the 280z dash by vintage dashes, was considering asking for a refund, but talked to Hung (he was ok with refunding) today and will stay in line for one of their 280z dashes. I was only thinking of refund since it was taking so long, and I have no history of dealing with vintage dashes before, but after talking to Hung it sounds like they are close. I am glad they are not rushing out a sub par product so its ok for the delay. I just think it would make everyone a bit more comfortable with a monthly update. I know its a brand new product and as such it can be a problem with knowing about scheduling of delivery. As promised I will keep the group posted on progress.