IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

Does anyone have a solid understanding of whether or not vintage dashes is a real business?  I have been trying to get a 240z dash since 9/13/18.  My understanding is that these are stand-up guys that can be trusted.  They supposedly produce a good quality product, but they do not make it easy to understand when they might be able to provide it.  If anyone has any information I would certainly appreciate it.  If it is not available then I need to go in a different direction with my project.  I understand that they are now making progress on supplying a 280z version, have they given up on the 240z?

Thanks for your assistance

They are legit, just don’t have a real good sales site or contact representative. My friend met them at Monterey this year and they were selling like hot cakes. They are making multiple products and trying to keep up with demand from what I understand.
Patience and I’m sure they will come through with your order if it is already placed.

• Like 1

thanks for responding.  what is the definition of placing an order?  i have emailed and spoken by phone but they would not accept any money,  not even a  deposit.  i am supposedly on a list, but no idea of how close that puts me to a dash.  just getting frustrated.

First, I wanted to thank those of you that responded regarding vintage dashes and the 240z.

I also wanted to give you an update.  I was able to connect with the vintage dash people.  They are for real.  They have developed multiple products.  They are different than many vendors that I have dealt with in the past, namely they are very serious about producing a quality product.  They appear to be very ethical.  They decided not to take deposits in advance, unless they had product on the shelf.  Quite admirable when you think about it.  For whatever reason they were having a manufacturing issue with their mold.  What they described to me was (in my opinion) a couple of minor aesthetic flaws.  They believe that this situation is resolved and expect to have 240 product within 4-5 weeks.  They do keep a list of customers that have requested product.  My understanding is that it is based on emails that they receive.  I believe that originally they were requesting a deposit, but as I said earlier they stopped that practice.  So if you contacted them by email you are apart of their request list even if you did not provide a deposit.  My understanding is that in the very near future they will be reviewing this list and contacting customers to validate interest.  "Whee" is correct - a little more patience will be required.  

• Like 3

Went by their warehouse this past week in Albany CA. Legit and prototype looks awesome! My dash is out and ready to fit the new one. You can’t beat the price with how good this dash looks compared to an original. I almost bought an original uncracked for about the same cost but I am glad I am going this route so I won’t be so concerned on cracking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...