zed2

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

On 8/7/2019 at 10:55 PM, moelk said:

Less power on this dyno but i think this dyno is very accurate (have been on two other dynos before). But i have a nice curve.

A34DE0F1-8226-47AD-8797-3F0838FADF07.jpeg

For comparison. A friend of mine were at the same dyno a couple of weeks before me.

L28 with 3x45 webers basically same as mine but he has a ported N42 head and a bigger cam.

Got a lot more power.

F0B8AE12-3E03-4117-B2A4-2E99C51EC32A.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 2:54 AM, 240260280 said:

Here is @blodi's similar config to yours:

It is fairly flat and around 12-13 like yours but a big dip to ~ 10 at the start.

image.png

My tuner played with the lowspeed to get the afr a bit better from the start, sadly i don’t know what he put in but it made it a bit better.

Picked my car up from body shop prison. Just did touch ups on rocker panels and rear valence.

STOKED !!!!

8D02710B-D6AA-42F7-95AF-E87CE50949A8.jpeg

2775ACCF-EA88-4A21-B019-64992C14E357.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, grannyknot said:

I love the shadow line effect on the SS trim, good choice of mirrors, I love mine.

Shadow line ?

The mirrors work good! 

Turbo Vitalonis

On 6/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, gundee said:

Intake is now on. Those bottom nuts were a sob to get a socket or wrench on to tighten.

20190607_170031.jpg

Now that it is back together, I was warming up the engine to see if any tune adjustments were needed. After I got out the timing light and a few tools

I figure that should be warm enough. I start to check carb balance and I say to myself, doesn't seem hot enough yet. Why is it taking so long? I look inside

and the temp gauge reads 1/2 so Its good.  As it turns out the ceramic coated headers really do contain a lot of the heat. Very noticeable compared to the

old cast iron set up. Pleased to know that.

• Like 2

Finally drove Blue around the block.

I have been ignoring and mistreating Blue for many years.  I just put a new brake system on it and wheel spacers.

The cunning plan is to add a G-nose and ZG flares but keep stockish wheels to reduce rolling resistance for highway cruising (and spacers to fill flares and widen stance). A low ratio R180 differential, AC, ultra sound proofing, and an 88mm P90 engine will make it run long.

It looks very hillbilly at the moment lol. If the spacers are difficult to tame then Diamond Customs here I come.

Sadly it will eventually be Japanese racing white so Blue will go bye bye.

Blue Lives!.jpg

wide wheels.jpg

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 3

Last night I did this:
P1150737.JPG

P1150739.JPG

I got off pretty easy. You should see the other guy:
deer.jpg

Say what you want about my park bench bumpers......

• Sad 4

Yeah, I didn't get away unscathed, but it could have been a whooooooooole lot worse.

It was completely dark at the time and I never saw it coming. Huge BANG!!!! and a flash of brown, a couple big splashes of deer snot up on the windshield (I knocked the snot out of him), and then I saw him slide off across the oncoming lane into the brush. I was probably going 35-40 at the time. I went back today and took that pic.

No fun at all for anything involved.    :cry:

Very glad you are ok my friend.  Sorry that your luck with the car has been running bad of late - camshaft, now deer....

Good thing you were observing speed limits, it could have been worse. Glad it looks repairable and your ok.  But it's a reminder to all of us that Rutting season starts soon (oct-dec).  That's when they are everywhere with only one thing on their mind, and it's not road safety.....

Actually the speed limit was 45. I had just turned onto that road from a cross street and wasn't up to speed yet.

Diseazd, LOL. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, it's running great. Better than it ever has since I've owned it. Amazing what happens when all six cylinders are contributing like they should be! I took it out that night... Beautiful low humidity night. I went out and got gas and hit the deer on the way home. I checked my gas mileage and I've gained about five percent after the engine work. Another benefit of having all the cylinders firing I assume.

I was all happy with myself, and then that happened.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, black gold man said:

Your lucky windshield was not involved. 

I think if I had been going faster, I would have swept his legs right out from under him and he would have rolled up the hood into the windshield.

As it was, the only thing that happened to the windshield was the mess. I saw this blur, felt the BANG, and the windshield got sprayed. Took me a fraction of a second to even figure out what happened.

I always thought you would see them coming. Not true. Never saw him coming. Happened in the blink of an eye.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of your Z damage...
Strange enough, I was driving back from Calgary last night in my Lincoln MKX doing 120kmh a when a hawk flew into my passenger side mirror! Blew the glass right out of it but left no other damage! My wife needs a new pair of pants but other than that, no real major damage. Sounded like a deer but that’s what happens when two fast objects meet...

Bruce - sorry to hear of the accident but very pleased that you were not injured.  Cars can be repaired or replaced, not always that easy with our bodies.  I hope all works out well for your ride now that you are getting to enjoy a full power experience.

Jim

• Like 1

Heartened to hear that you are OK Capt'n.

As has been said above--it could have been a lot worse.

Take care my friend!

• Like 1