zed2

[2019] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

I've had a deer run into my car from the side.. literally ran into the moving car, as opposed to me hitting the deer. You always think of the deer stopped in the road shut down by the headlights and the driver, unable to brake in time, hitting the deer.

Happened once while driving by a couple of drunk pedestrians too.

Sent from my Coolpad 3310A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I took the car out today and other than the cosmetic, there doesn't seem to be any other ill effects.

11 hours ago, wheee! said:

I was driving back from Calgary last night in my Lincoln MKX doing 120kmh a when a hawk flew into my passenger side mirror!

Wow! What a coincidence! That must've scared the crap out of the wife. (Would explain the pants...     :ph34r:   )

• Like 1

My encounter did not turn out so well. (July 22nd) The deer /car impacts around here have been on the rise this year.

Fortunately no frame damage, and no serious injuries just small glass cuts. Just settled with the insurance, so on the way to being repaired.

Deer Shat on the fender, I almost shat my seat when she hit the windshield. 

Stay safe out there....... My wife is understanding my parts hoarding now, as I have most of the parts to fix her up.

I am still looking for a nice inner headlight bucket.

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2294.JPG

Wow, another one!  glad you are ok.   Nice looking car, hope the repair goes well.

I am driving down to Hot Springs for the weekend,  in light of all this, maybe I won't take as many backroads ... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

My encounter did not turn out so well. (July 22nd) The deer /car impacts around here have been on the rise this year.

Fortunately no frame damage, imageproxy.php?img=&key=e3750d425d330ce5and no serious injuries just small glass cuts. Just settled with the insurance, so on the way to being repaired.

Deer Shat on the fender, I almost shat my seat when she hit the windshield. 

Stay safe out there....... My wife is understanding my parts hoarding now, as I have most of the parts to fix her up.

I am still looking for a nice inner headlight bucket.

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2294.JPG

What do you mean by inner headlight bucket?

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

My encounter did not turn out so well.

Yeah... Yours was way worse.

I'm relieved that mine was as minor as it was. Not that I ever need to do that again. Ever. But your experience is evidence that all things considered, I got lucky.

4 hours ago, Patcon said:

What do you mean by inner headlight bucket?

The gold zinced shell behind the headlight   It mounts to the inside of the fender it also holds a inner ring the the bulb mounts to so the headlight can be adjusted. 

Not sure what Nissan calls it but it is discontinued. I have one but it is rather rusted. 

4 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah... Yours was way worse.

I'm relieved that mine was as minor as it was. Not that I ever need to do that again. Ever. But your experience is evidence that all things considered, I got lucky.

You were lucky. I have clipped a deer with my daily. Just a small scratch in the bumper. Lucked out that time. If I could only reverse the impacted cars. I’d rather have the daily smashed and a scratch on the Z. 😎

5 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

The gold zinced shell behind the headlight   It mounts to the inside of the fender it also holds a inner ring the the bulb mounts to so the headlight can be adjusted. 

Not sure what Nissan calls it but it is discontinued. I have one but it is rather rusted. 

If someone closer doesn't have one. I might

12 hours ago, Patcon said:

If someone closer doesn't have one. I might

Thanks, I put a wanted ad up today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wheee! said:

I like green....

With a red engine? That’s what he will have -lol. Of course it has a blue engine in a green car now

With a red engine? That’s what he will have -default_laugh.png. Of course it has a blue engine in a green car now

Paints cheap!

Mine was blue and I found red underneath. Now it’s grey..!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

hurricane is about to hit

Hope you guys are all OK!!   :unsure:

7 hours ago, siteunseen said:

We got lucky, he only circled the south eastern corner.

And when I heard Alabama was going to get hit, I was worried about you too. Thankfully, however, it was just the fake news and you guys were never in danger.    :beer:

Edited by Captain Obvious
speling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Hope you guys are all OK!!   :unsure:

And when I heard Alabama was going to get hit, I was worried about you too. Thankfully, however, it was just the fake news and you guys were never in danger.    :beer:

Danger is just a slip of the Sharpie away.  Stay alert!  😎

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Lovely privatization and build to lowest price and max profits....

After every hurricane, flood.or wildfire they build every thing back to the same standards as before and wonder why it gets destroyed again the next time. Insanity.

• Haha 1

It is too rocky here to do underground cost effectively.... we had a hurricane hit 15 years ago that did much more damage but I guess it groomed the area of weak trees.  A construction crane toppled but landed on an empty building so all was good.

Power is back on 🙂

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

After every hurricane, flood.or wildfire they build every thing back to the same standards as before and wonder why it gets destroyed again the next time. Insanity.

What is insanity to some is job security for others.

37 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

What is insanity to some is job security for others.

Yes, like legalization would bankrupt Alabama. 

Law Enforcement waiting tables, attorneys mowing grass. LOL

• Like 1