IGNORED

'70 near Portland # HLS3003543

Terrapin Z

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/vancouver-rare-1970-datsun-240z-dark/6781563999.html

Nice clean car, a few changes as expected. Radio and speakers, some switches and hose clamps, etc. All and all it looks pretty good for $30K (not mine)

70 Z.jpg

70 Z 2.jpg

70 Z 3.jpg

70 z 4.jpg

70 Z 5.jpg

Edited by Terrapin Z
Not mine
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

That's in lovely condition, even has the wiring harness cover on the P/S foot well. If the rest of the car is as nice as the photos he should get what he is asking.

Agreed, while I did point out some items that were changed out, there are also a number of original parts there too. More so than most cars I have seen touted as "original"

I don't expect it to take too long to sell this one.

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Well this explains more about the engine and rear end statements in the Cl ad. Some swapped out drivetrain parts. 

I suppose now that if it's been around for a while and has not sold, it might have some more unmentioned issues. 

The pics in the Cl ad look better than the other sites pictures, IMHO.

• Like 1

The topclassics ad says Corvallis, OR.  Quite a ways from Vancouver, WA.  Odd that he advertises on the Seattle CL for a Vancouver car.  Seems like that car would have made it to the Canby show at least once.

VIN 6582.

Edit - wait...the topclassics ad shows a different VIN.  Not sure what's going on here.  Scam or different but identical cars.  

Second edit - the topclassic ad shows the 6582 VIN in a picture but reports another.  Maybe it's one of those VIN hybrid cars.  Run away!....

• Trim: Stock
  • Year: 1970
  • Mileage: 249000
  • VIN: HLS3003543
Edited by Zed Head
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

The topclassics ad says Corvallis, OR.  Quite a ways from Vancouver, WA.  Odd that he advertises on the Seattle CL for a Vancouver car.  Seems like that car would have made it to the Canby show at least once.

VIN 6582.

Edit - wait...the topclassics ad shows a different VIN.  Not sure what's going on here.  Scam or different but identical cars.  

Second edit - the topclassic ad shows the 6582 VIN in a picture but reports another.  Maybe it's one of those VIN hybrid cars.  Run away!....

Looking at the vin plate the engine number was 006582 and the car number is 03543. I would think the seller just mixed up the numbers, or perhaps he does not even know which is which. 

I saw yesterday he had reduced the price on CL to $25,500 OBO.  As well as listing it on eBAY. 

Today the CL ad say's deleted by author, it is still on eBAY with 6 bids now at $10,100.

The eBAY ad also said it was for sale locally and he might end the auction early.

Perhaps someone will get a good / fair deal on it, time will tell.