HallanshakerBlatherskyte

LD28 Complete disassembled

I wouldn’t mind a cylinder head and intake thrown in with it, but generally yes just the crankshaft is what everyone goes for. How much were you asking for it?

Edited by zeeboost

5 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

The block is not what is getting used for the 3.5L builds that Rebello is doing.  It's worth some money.  

You mean it IS being used?

5 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

The block is not what is getting used for the 3.5L builds that Rebello is doing.  It's worth some money.  

How is he building a 3.5 engine? What are the components? Bore and stroke?

12 minutes ago, Patcon said:

A quick look through the article and I didn't see a reference to an LD28 block

A lot of people prefer the taller block so that they can offset grind the crank and still have a reasonable rod ratio. There are several better places to have such a conversation were it necessary, but the info is easily searchable on this forum or others. I posted this to gauge interest and get pricing feedback and would greatly appreciate any reply along those lines. Thank you!

12 hours ago, HallanshakerBlatherskyte said:

A lot of people prefer the taller block so that they can offset grind the crank and still have a reasonable rod ratio. There are several better places to have such a conversation were it necessary, but the info is easily searchable on this forum or others. I posted this to gauge interest and get pricing feedback and would greatly appreciate any reply along those lines. Thank you!

Actually I believe the discussion is germane to the value of your parts. If the previous poster is correct that the LD block is the basis of a 3.5L motor, than your parts are worth more than simply using the taller block. Rod ratio doesn't effect displacement, which was my line of question. I am also pretty familiar with the forum and what info has been posted here and the ability to find that information or not. Just trying to help you determine the value of your parts, as I own 2 of these engines already. So I have a vested interest in helping you get the best price. B)

On 12/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, Patcon said:

A quick look through the article and I didn't see a reference to an LD28 block

I believe they used an Australian RB30 crankshaft, 90mm stroke, 90mm bore on a sonic tested L28 block (rare), Honda sized rods due to crank journal sizes, Stuart Wilkins Motorsport big bore headers and also a custom flywheel as the rear of the crankshaft is thinner altering the flywheel clutch position. It's a little over 3.4L. 

Edited by riceburner
  • Like 1