IGNORED

Finally Got My Garage Mahal!!!

Marty Rogan

8 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

We've put vinyl siding on interior ceilings of rental houses but never metal roofing.  Looks fantastic but I'd bet it was a real booger bear to install.

I was not about to attempt installing it myself.  It took a crew of 3-4 guys 2 1/2 days to do the job.  The sheets are pretty heavy.

• Like 1

Your Z looks pretty lonely in there!  It needs a couple of stable mates to keep it company.

Well, when the garage gets it’s 4 post lift upgrade, there will be a 76 280 and a 66 Roadster in there with the 10 370.

And a Lincoln MKX and a Veloster Turbo! The Lincoln Mark LT has to stay outside though...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, wheee! said:

Well, when the garage gets it’s 4 post lift upgrade, there will be a 76 280 and a 66 Roadster in there with the 10 370.
And a Lincoln MKX, Veloster Turbo! The Lincoln Mark LT has to stay outside though...!

Well that will take care of that.  Nice little fleet you have there.

@wheee,
Love the Z in the picture, but not sure I'd park mine there.  That shelf, laden with paint cans, has a distinct sag in the middle, and appears to have a bit of a downhill tilt.  Or am I just paranoid about what can happen to nice cars?  

That was the day we moved in. That shelf is long gone....

20 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Finally!!!  We have begun the new Mancave!  Should have a slab Monday.

IMG_0270.JPG

Hey, congrats on getting started!  What are your plans?  How big are you going?  Are you building in added ceiling height for a lift?  Any other goodies in the plan?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, with all this extra time at home, I was able to get the barn organized.  I bought some warehouse pallet racking shelves.  They are super strong, rated at 1,800 lbs per shelf.  I was able to get all of my spare parts stored on them.  My 2 spare engines are on rollers and shoved under the bottom shelf.  My other storage cabinets are in the other corner.  I finally have a good amount of space opened up in the middle to actually do some work in there..

My HVAC guys had double hernia surgery, so the heater is on hold at at least May.

Next up, I need to build a work bench. I will have to put some thought in to that.  I saw a You tube video that shows you how to build one, which looked pretty nice. I'll have to check out some other options.

Storage shelf.jpg

South side with cabinets.jpg

• Like 1