IGNORED

New boxes

Patcon

On 11/6/2018 at 9:39 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, there are certain things/brands that are often considered the "gold standard" in industry, and the Stanley Vidmar cabinets are one of those things.

I'd love to have a wall full of them, but just don't have the dollars. Congrats on the find. I assume you got those at auction?

Yes, I got them from the auction. They had some 17 drawers cabinets that were about 60" high that I liked but they got close to $1000 each. When I went to load up, there was a guy there  that bought like 5 of them and the bridgeport among other things. I think he was flipping merchandise.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, Patcon said:

....... It's a Vidmar cabinet. They are stupid expensive. I was pleased I got them for a decent price. .....

20181103_133915.jpg

I had to do some minor dolly work on some areas. I am going to build a big wooden top for these and use them as the table base. I'll remount my vise to one corner and mount the two grinders on the back edge of the new top

Yes, they are stupid expensive. Congrats on getting them.

Every one of these I have obtained (used) needed dolly work. At least you didn't have to mess with the latching drawers or key lock. What a PITA!

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 5:17 PM, Patcon said:

I got a new set of drawers for the shop last Friday. I bought these off an auction site. It's a Vidmar cabinet. They are stupid expensive. I was pleased I got them for a decent price. I already have them filled up. It did allow me to spread some tools out from my other tool boxes. It's like the shop, never big enough!

20181103_104742.jpg20181103_104743.jpg20181103_133915.jpg

I had to do some minor dolly work on some areas. I am going to build a big wooden top for these and use them as the table base. I'll remount my vise to one corner and mount the two grinders on the back edge of the new top

Japanese hotels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have lots of Vidmar cabinets at work that are unused or under used. The problem is the military won’t/can’t sell them to us so they get crushed or scrapped for metal recycling.
Everyone is afraid of what to do with the money from selling them, or worse yet giving them away! Public funds create administrative nightmares. In the end, they sit around till they are decommissioned and crushed. Very sad.
We do have a lot of serviceable ones that we use daily though! Love em.

• Sad 1