IGNORED

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

conedodger

5 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

フーバー   :beer:Hoover

Salient point being that they were not simply Hoovered up from another classiczcars.com thread and presented as though they are "new news". Where I come from, we call that "shitting on your own doorstep"...

掃除機

15 minutes ago, kats said:

Thanks Alan !! I deleted them .

Kats 

Kats, you did not need to delete them. That's not the point here.

What I am unhappy about is the re-posting of photos, divorcing them from their original context and the information that went with them.

I strongly believe we should try to keep any information about what is in the photo, where it was taken, who it was taken by, anything..... should be kept with the photo, if possible. At the very least, the person posting/re-posting the photo needs to act like a guardian or curator. They are a vital link. We should try not to break the link if we can avoid it.

Yes, it's exciting and interesting when we see photos that are new to us, or are 'fresh'. We can talk about them and it can be entertaining, but it's a shame if some vital data or the chain back to the original source is lost in that process. 

A very wise man once told me that I should be careful only to post photos about which I could answer questions on, and - if that was not possible - to pose them as a question. I do try to heed that advice. My original "Hoover" comments were specifically with regard to photos being taken from threads here on classiczcars, and then re-posted on new classiczcars threads, but without the information and context that went with them. That seems, to me at least, to make no sense whatsoever. We have spent a lot of time on this forum digging into stories and learning so much, and the photos are a vital part of that. We are in danger of tearing the photos out of a book and throwing away the text.

So, please post those photos again, but tell us something about them. Thank you.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

Salient point being that they were not simply Hoovered up from another classiczcars.com thread and presented as though they are "new news". Where I come from, we call that "shitting on your own doorstep"...

掃除機

I still love you Alan.... but I'll never visit you at your home... or I'll be sure to wear boots when knocking on your door.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 240260280 said:

LOL, I read too quickly and thought you wrote that I'll get a bum's rash on your door step.  I guess with all the poop it is possible.

You have metaphors in the Colonies too, I'm sure.

Anyway, how's the Hoovering going? Got enough in your bag for your grand opening yet? http://240260280.com/

Yes in fact I do. Just not enough time to do it.

This section is ~67% complete for example: http://240260280.com/Tech/Carbs/Weber/DCOE Theory Operation and Tuning.html. It is still missing the tuning section and some revisions/input from working with a DCOE expert in the Czech Republic.

The rest of the site should be of similar quality and content. It will focus on technical tasks, modifications, and restorations. There will be a few smaller sections for racing, history, etc.

Edited by 240260280