IGNORED

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

conedodger

9 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Wow Kats!  BIG THANKS a Jan 1970 article published in Dec 1969 with 432R on Suzuka in Nov!

When were the Nissan Murayama  tests done? (of which the photos are lost)

It's a 432, not a 432-R.

The tests for the article were carried out at Murayama on 12th and 13th November 1969. The photos are in the original magazine article.

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

I'm feeling slightly underwhelmed. I guess they had sold all but one of their Zs, and the buyers had part-exchanged their domestics for them...?

Welcome to North America car culture...the used vehicles still get half of the front row in many dealers .There are some larger dealerships where a second building/business is needed to deal with flipping the trade-ins.

Below is a NJ Toyota dealer I used to go to.  The new car sales are in that building in the distance and their lot is out of the frame.  The building in the foreground and all the cars in the next lot are trade-ins. There are even more trade-ins but they are usually not worthy of sale on the lot and get pushed to auction where you can often get good deals.

image.png

Here is a Nissan Dealer in NJ where I saw my first Skyline GTR tribute in 2008/9.  It was in the show room.  The front had used cars like below. They now have a 2nd building dealing with trade-ins.

image.png

Edited by 240260280

8 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Welcome to North America car culture...the used vehicles still get half of the front row in many dealers .There are some larger dealerships where a second building/business is needed to deal with flipping the trade-ins.

No different from just about anywhere else in the world I can think of then...

My point being that a photo of Jaremko Motors from '73 disappointingly doesn't show the vast queues of prospective 240Z owners around the block and teams of Jaremko-branded overall wearing minions throwing TOPY wheels and hubcaps in the dumpster, bolting on slot 'mag' wheels and plastic chrome belt line trim while salesmen in Sears sport coats and white loafers count wads of cash.

That Bronco looks nice though.  

• Like 1

On 11/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, jayhawk said:

Since you asked for old photos, here are some pix I just posted in the 1974 Fun Run  thread.  The last photo shows about 20 S30s.  I wonder if we will ever see that many unmodified Zs together again...

image_14.jpgimage_07.jpgimage_06.jpg

This is where I get accosted by 60+ year old folks at a gas station or in traffic who say "I used to have one of those" or "My friends Dad drove one".  Great to see a gathering of S30s like that.

Edited by gogriz91
  • Like 2

The middle picture above looks just like Jim's Swiss 1973 240Z we had in the shop last year.  The turn signals had to be above the bumper, so no cut-out in the front valence pieces for T/S.  His didn't have an air dam - I like that air dam...  Also, the rear license plate lighting couldn't be above the plate so the light was mounted on the rear bumper.